Company: Bonduelle Fresh Americas
Location: Florence Township, NJ
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
If you have mechanical aptitude and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, this position offers you some great opportunities:
- While experience is preferred, as long as you have the ability to learn quickly, we'll train you, providing you with valuable skills
- You'll be able to demonstrate your potential to take on addition responsibility or advance, possibly to a Packaging Machine Operator II or III Quick question for you - click here
- We offer a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal of autonomy and their contributions are appreciated. We also place a high value on continuous improvement
- You'll work with a management team that engages with employees on the production floor to ensure your voice is heard
- You'll earn a competitive wage, occasional overtime and comprehensive benefits, as well as rewards and recognition from a company that truly appreciates your hard work
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, we have been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest-quality products. To be a good fit for this Packaging Machine Operator opportunity, you should have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Mechanical savvy; experience in production environments is strongly preferred, and experience performing basic maintenance on machinery would be ideal
- The ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Basic math skills
- The ability and willingness to be cross-trained and multi-task
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to work independently as well as to contribute as a team player
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, 24-hour plant environment
The production environment is refrigerated (temperatures can be as low as 34°) and wet. You'll work near machinery with moving mechanical parts and the noise level is usually loud. Quick question for you - click here
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Reporting to a Production Manager, you join a team of Packaging Machine Operators running salad bagging and other machines. We'll train you on multiple machines, although you will focus on bagging.
On your you'll operate the bagger, meeting all productivity goals and product specifications. This will include changing bag films, reading the schedule to understand targets, ensuring bags meet target weights, completing basic troubleshooting and maintenance on equipment, and completing regular quality checks. Quick question for you - click here
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure compliance with and maintain all GMP/PPE/Safety, SQF, HACCP & Sanitation guidelines and processes
- Complete pre-flight and shut down procedures. Set up the bagger (Hayssen) per bag specifications
- Maintain equipment and quality (bag and contents). Perform preventative maintenance of the equipment (Program Bagger and scales, etc.) when necessary
- Conduct quality inspections, visual checks of defect, foreign objects (FOs), size, color, quality, etc.
- Manage and reduce waste (product giveaway) by use of scale system, and establish Bagged Salad Efficiency (Production rates and BPM)
- Certify that bags meet product and order specifications numbers by visual checks of lot numbers and code dates
- Validate the quality of the bag via air testing, seals, code date, weight, nitrogen, volume, etc.
- Lift/carry forming tubes and film roll and adjust to bagger equipment (50 lbs.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
We'll train you to run the machines, but your professional development doesn't stop there. Once you succeed in this role, if you've got the desire to learn you'll find opportunities to move up the ladder as a PMO II or III, or possibly beyond. If you prefer, you can pursue other career paths in our organization.
Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Bonduelle Fresh Americas Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive hourly rate and overtime opportunities, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. We're looking for an individual who is motivated to to take responsibility and ownership for this position. Our best PMOs take pride in a job well done and are reliable, flexible about overtime, able to make it to work every day and ready to get the job done.
In addition, to be an outstanding PMO, you will:
- Deliver consistent quality results, bring a sense of urgency, take initiative, and demonstrate flexibility to meet business needs.
- Foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, demonstrate listening skills, and ensure the physical safety of yourself and others.
- Honor commitments, and act honestly and with accountability.
- Ensure objectivity and set a good example for others.
Apply on company website