If you combine your manufacturing process engineering experience with a highly analytical mindset, this position offers you several compelling opportunities. You will:
- Become part of a newly-created corporate team and contribute to projects across all four of our US processing plants; you'll both contribute to and lead projects Quick question for you - click here
- Expand your experience across a variety of projects, such as improving yield, developing technology standards, automation, analyzing run-rate differentials and more
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in our organization -- you might pursue a career in operations management, engineering R&D, planning or other areas of Bonduelle
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal of autonomy and their contributions are appreciated
- Support our mission of providing fresh, healthy foods while making a consistently positive impact on employees, communities, the environment, and customers
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. To be a good fit for the Process Engineer opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or another technical area; a degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering is preferred Quick question for you - click here
- Process engineering experience in manufacturing environments; experience in consumer packaged goods is preferred, and food processing experience would be ideal
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Familiarity with Google Office applications is a plus
- Proficiency in CAD software (we use AutoCAD) would be helpful
- The professional maturity to represent the corporate team to plant employees
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others in the absence of formal authority
It is important that you understand that we all work in a cold environment. In the offices the temperature can be as low as 50° F, and production areas typically are as low as 34° F. You also should expect to get wet in the production areas. Quick question for you - click here
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Reporting to the Director Of Technical Services, you will join a team that includes three other Process Engineers. As part of the Corporate Engineering team, you will work with peers to support each manufacturing site, driving change management and innovation success from beginning to end in the manufacturing process. You'll be responsible for linking R&D, Marketing and Manufacturing needs together, making product development process (PDP) readiness a key priority in order to deliver 100% "right the first time". This will eliminate the potential for manufacturing site losses when introducing process and product changes. You also will work with the broader Engineering and Operations teams to optimize existing capabilities, standardize processes and improve processes as needed.
Most of your time will go to projects, and to give you a sense of the position, here are some recent and current projects:
- Analyzing run rate differentials regarding the same product at different plants
- Automating lines producing snacks, like the ones pictured here
- Expanding capabilities for processing different vegetable products
- Improving yield on different lines
- Line balancing and eliminating bottlenecks
- Developing standards for bagging technology
- Designing out maintenance, including purchasing new or modifying existing
- Optimizing recipes for Bistro Bowls to improve quality and efficiency
- Validate new product and process capability, working with Marketing, R&D, Operations and Engineering
- Work with plants in support of new product launches
- Develop innovative solutions to support new products, processes and capabilities
- Assume subject matter expert status for manufacturing processes (washing, drying, filling, etc.) to support all manufacturing sites
- Perform equipment/process capability analysis and testing
- Partner with Project Engineers to develop capex project specifications and equipment selection
- Work with Project Engineers to validate new equipment performance and delivery of expectations
- Work with Project Engineers to standardize equipment and process
- Work with Operations to optimize equipment capability and performance
- Work with Quality and Operations teams to develop greater product consistency and quality
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage and shift differential, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. Your technical expertise will be essential, but just as important will be interpersonal and leadership skills. You will interact quite a bit with supervisors and production associates on the plant floor, as well as peers, suppliers, R&D, marketing and other stakeholders. In addition to coordinating among stakeholders to understand what is possible, you'll need to be able to drive progress. You should be proactive about developing relationships with the various groups. For the most part you will find people open to positive change, but there will be times when you'll need to influence others to get buy-in, and even times when you'll need the "managerial courage" to stand your ground.
Some people are surprised at the fast pace of our operations -- working with fresh produce requires agility and a strong sense of urgency. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Process Engineer, you will:
- Promote both safety and continuous improvement as core aspects of our culture
- Demonstrate initiative and a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Pay close attention to detail but also grasp the bigger picture
- Achieve individual goals autonomously and also contribute as a team player
- Manage multiple projects and priorities effectively.
Apply on company website