If you combine an understanding of inventory and experience using a handheld scanner with the ability to carefully handle a variety of details in a fast-paced production environment, the role of Production Clerk offers some compelling opportunities. In this role, you will:
- Take ownership of an important position supporting production through the movement of inventory between the warehouse and our production lines.
- Make an impact by feeding the required inventory to your assigned lines at the right time to ensure seamless production.
- Leverage your strong interpersonal and communication skills as you ensure the accuracy of inventory and work with a variety of team members to maintain high standards of quality and safety.
- Enjoy strong training, including safety training and forklift certification, as well as cross-training in multiple operational areas of the facility. You will be assigned to either preproduction or finishing, but may cross-train in any number of areas.
- Leverage what you learn and showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in Production or other areas of our organization, if desired. Prove yourself in this role, and you could pursue a Production Clerk 2 position.
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal of autonomy and their contributions are appreciated. We also have an unwavering commitment to safety and place a high value on continuous improvement.
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BON.PA), and home of the Ready Pac Foods brand. For over 45 years, Ready Pac Foods has been a leader in offering the most innovative fresh food products to consumers around the world. With four processing facilities throughout the U.S., we focus on fresh vegetables, salads and fresh meal solutions for the Americas. We manufacture a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevĀte™ and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™ brands. Los Angeles area.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. To be a good fit for the position of Production Clerk, you will have:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic knowledge of inventory tracking and movement
- Willingness to work in a cold (approximately 34 degrees), wet, fast-paced, 24-hour plant environment
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, and ERP software such as JD Edwards
- Experience using an RF scanner in an inventory/warehouse environment
- Ability to understand plant KPI's (production, quality & safety)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English preferred
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Food industry experience preferred
- The ability to work both independently and as a strong team member
- Multitasking skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift and/or electric pallet jack experience is a plus; we will train and certify you
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Role Overview
Reporting to a Team Lead, as Production Clerk, you will play an important role within our manufacturing plant as you help drive production to the highest safety, quality and efficiency standards. Your main responsibility will be the allocation and continuous supply of inventory -- raw ingredients or finished goods -- to or from the production line. You can expect to be exposed to multiple refrigerated areas within production throughout the day.
Day in the Life
You'll start each morning by printing out the appropriate paperwork for your assigned lines and taking it into the Warehouse. From there, it will be your job to verify the inventory (quantity, correct materials and license plate, quality, temperature, etc.) that the Warehouse is bringing is correct for that day's production. Everything that goes into the room will need to be scanned accurately and at the right time. At the end of the day, you will manage the reconciliation process and ensure the products go back to the right place.
You will either be assigned to lines in preproduction (raw goods) or finishing (completed products). Your specific duties will include:
- Following GMP/PPE, Safety guidelines
- Recording inventory on the usage sheet
- Following and maintaining HACCP and Sanitation guidelines and processes
- Maintaining accurate inventory of film, boxes & trays
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Understanding yield standards
- Working safely around moving equipment and conveyors in wet environment
- Complying with SQF regulatory programs
- Keeping track of identification tags by running reports from ERP and RPDMS system
- Maintaining a clean work area at all times
- Running inventory reports to ensure all materials have been entered correctly into JDE
- Validating physical inventory quantities by location & matches against consumptions
- Supporting production as necessary
- Ensuring compliance for product specifications
- Following and enforce the 5S methodology; maintaining tools and equipment as delimited by the 5S marking
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. There will be a learning curve, and we'll look to you to be proactive as you get up to speed. Pivotal to your success will be your people and communication skills. You'll alert the correct contact when there are issues, and you'll need to take a proactive approach to ensuring everything is running smoothly. You should maintain a positive approach and build rapport with all of your teammates throughout the production lines.
The production environment is fast-paced and busy, and you'll need to monitor and be aware of many activities. This role calls for a cool-headed professional who can manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Production Clerk, you will:
- Promote safety as well as quality.
- Pay attention to details and also grasp the bigger picture.
- Combine creativity and analytical skills in solving problems.
- Assume ownership of and accountability for your responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, including dependability.
Apply on company website