If you have proven strong supervisory skills and a background in manufacturing and production, this position offers you some great opportunities. You will:
- Launch a high-potential career in fresh food production at our Swedesboro plant. This is the first facility in the company that has received investment dollars to put in automation lines--which is the future of our business! We're committed to continuous improvement and your work will make a direct impact on this initiative.
- Showcase your interpersonal and leadership skills as you provide feedback to production operators to maintain high standards of quality and safety.
- Enjoy cross-training in multiple operational areas of the facility and visibility throughout the organization. You'll work with team members in Quality Assurance, Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, and so many more.
- Leverage what you learn and showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in production or other areas of our organization.
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal autonomy and their contributions are appreciated. We also place a high value on continuous improvement.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest-quality products. To be a good fit for the Production Supervisor opportunity, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment or other equivalent experience. A background in food and beverage could be a great fit for this role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual capability is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work in a cold environment (70% of the time in 34°F, 30% administrative office work)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced, changing work environment.
- An understanding of production procedures, safety processes and food safety/quality requirements is desired (FDA compliance).
- Exposure to TPM, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Must be self-motivated and independent.
- Basic Mathematical and analytical skills required as well as problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate up and down the organization.
- A passion for learning and a craving to work in a fun culture.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to food safety, quality and production efficiencies.
- Ability to use a computer, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as the Google Suite.
- Patience and a calm demeanor.
- Familiarity with JDE, RPMS, DSI, and ADP timekeeping a plus.
- Some experience with inventory management is ideal.
Normal days off will be Sunday and Thursday. We'll also look to you to be flexible. Many of the areas where you'll work are temperature-controlled; most are below 50° and some are 36°.
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Reporting to the Production Manager, as a Production Supervisor, you'll be responsible for supervising production associates on assigned shifts in order to drive a safe and highly efficient production operation to produce high quality fresh food products.
We have upwards of 17 operation lines at this plant, and initially, you will start off in non-Bistro areas which include the snack line, apples, tomatoes and lettuce operations. You will partner with another supervisor to share responsibilities and oversee approximately 110 employees. Eventually, you will gain exposure to other areas of production such as Bistro.
Your strong leadership skills and people and process development will be critical in this role. We will look to you to mentor associates, contribute to continuous process improvement and ensure that proper quality, sanitation and safety guidelines are being met. Our employees speak over 30 languages at this location! You'll need to leverage your ability to communicate without speaking the same language sometimes (pictures, drawings, translators, etc.) and work to find solutions to communication issues.
What you will do:
- Ensure the safety of all employees in the operation of equipment through proper training, enforcement of safety rules, documentation, and following proper procedures and GMP protocols.
- Produce and package a high quality product through the use of proper procedures and adherence to good manufacturing practices and government standards in cooperation with the Quality & Food Safety department. Responsible for reporting and taking action on food safety and quality problems to the appropriate personnel, as well as following quality and safety programs and policies themselves in order to ensure products made meet the highest standards possible.
- Ensure production lines are operating efficiently and running at targeted throughput. Complete hourly audits for safety, quality, cost, and line performance. Develop and execute actions plans to address any gaps in efficiencies.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that downtime is minimized and yield is maximized. Execute action plans to ensure root causes of unplanned downtime are addressed.
- Manage Production Schedules and employee schedules and ensure correct crewing and de-crewing processes are being followed in accordance with crewing standards.
- Monitor rework levels and usage in order to keep rework levels at a minimum.
- Monitor product yields and identify/execute corrective actions and plan to close gaps.
- Build people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training and communications for frontline hourly associates. Coach and mentor frontline workforce to drive line productivity, efficiencies and yields.
- Plan and initiate cross training of employees to expand job knowledge and add flexibility to scheduling the workforce.
- Track KPI/costs and anticipate as well as correct trends that would compromise the achievement of financial targets. Ensure proper and accurate reporting of all daily requirements and metrics (quality, safety, schedule attainment, case fill rate, order fill rate, yield).
- Manage all plant overhead costs to budget such as T&E, supplies, utilities, sanitation, etc.
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive salary and incentive bonus potential, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. The production environment is fast-paced and busy, and you'll need to monitor and be aware of many activities. The role calls for a cool-headed professional who can manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively and display strong change management skills. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Production Supervisor, you will:
- Promote safety as well as quality.
- Pay attention to details and also grasp the bigger picture.
- Combine creativity and analytical skills in solving problems.
- Assume ownership of and accountability for your responsibilities.
- Excellence - ability to deliver consistent quality results through sense of urgency and taking initiative, while also demonstrating flexibility to meet business needs.
- People-minded - ability to foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, demonstrates listening skills and ensures physical safety of self and others.
- Integrity - honors commitments, acts honestly and with accountability.
- Fairness - ensures objectivity and sets a good example for others.
- Confidence - ability to delegate and foster a team spirit.
- Open Mindedness - being available, being tolerant and promoting creativity.
Apply on company website