If you combine some experience in quality assurance or the food production industry with great people skills and an eye for detail and schedule flexibility, the position of Quality Assurance Technician 1 offers you some great opportunities. Consider:
- You will launch a career in quality assurance at an essential, recession-resistant business and make a positive impact on production daily.
- We have COVID-19 precautions in place, including providing face masks and shields and daily temperature checks.
- You will enjoy outstanding training, provided to ensure you have the knowledge required to excel. You'll have two weeks of one-on-one training with our professional trainer, including shadowing and working with observation, a week to fill gaps if needed, and cross-training opportunities in multiple areas from our lettuce and apple rooms to the more complex Bistro production lines.
- You will develop your interpersonal and leadership skills as you provide productive feedback to team members to maintain high standards of quality and safety.
- We support professional growth and are committed to promoting from within. History shows that several of our supervisors and managers started in similar roles. In fact, your direct supervisor started as a QA Tech 1. Proven performers will find room to grow.
- We offer a competitive wage, overtime and comprehensive benefits; the QA team is tight-knit and our culture is positive and team oriented.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest-quality products. To be a good fit for the Quality Assurance Technician 1 opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Some experience in a production/manufacturing role with quality responsibilities; food production is highly preferred, but we will consider similarly regulated environments (e.g. pharma, microbiology, chemical etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to effectively provide feedback/corrections to line personnel
- Excellent English communication abilities, including reading, writing and speaking
- Basic computer skills; experience and/or ability to use RF handheld scanner
- Basic math skills
- Schedule flexibility, dependability and punctuality
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, diverse, team-oriented environment
- A self-motivated mindset, attention to detail and a bias for excellence
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Reliable transportation required
- Willing and able to work in a cold and wet environment (34-38 degrees)
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Role Overview
You will play a key quality assurance role within the plant, ensuring compliance with food safety and quality requirements. As QA Technician 1, you will be responsible for the physical, chemical, and sensory evaluation of raw, in-process and finished product. You will perform audits, test product, and communicate and document results throughout the day to ensure we're meeting all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food Safety and Quality System requirements, and Ready Pac and customer specifications through audits and communication. Additionally, you will champion the Quality Assurance Department's continuous improvement goals.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will join a QA team of approximately 20, including Line Inspectors and QA Technicians, covering multiple shifts and enabling our vision of Giving People the Freedom to Eat Healthier™ through excellence and the daily performance of essential quality assurance functions.
Each morning, you will arrive at 5:30 AM and attend a kick-off meeting at 5:35 covering safety issues, the schedule, the previous day -- anything that will impact the day's work. By 5:45, you'll be on the floor at your assigned room/line so that you can ensure that the area is set-up per standards and requirements and is ready for the production team to begin working through the order schedule at 6 AM. Throughout the day, you will do testing, investigations, diplomatically communicate corrections to the team when necessary, and more. Your specific responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Performing analyses using your analytical skills and physical equipment to ensure compliance and specifications. Specialized equipment used will include a ph meter, oxygen meter, titration for chlorine and acid, and measurement tools.
- Auditing processing equipment and testing instrumentation for proper operation and sanitation.
- Evaluating sensory attributes of product against target.
- Documenting results of testing on Quality Assurance logs.
- Effectively communicating results of test(s) with production workers, supervisors and managers.
- Auditing production activities to ensure compliance with specifications, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed process records.
- Taking raw material, in-process, and finished product samples, as required.
- Approaching activities proactively to assure quality the first time.
- Following, performing and documenting food safety and food quality programs.
- Learning/cross-training in multiple areas as requested.
- Performing other duties as required and assigned by supervisor.
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive salary and incentive bonus potential, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. There will be a learning curve, and we'll look to you to be proactive as you get up to speed. Pivotal to your success will be your people and communication skills. You'll alert Frontline Coordinators and other key contacts when there are issues, but we don't position ourselves as "quality police." You should maintain a positive approach and build rapport with the Operators. For the most part you'll find them open to your input, but there will also be times when you need to be assertive.
The production environment is fast-paced and busy, and you'll need to monitor and be aware of many activities. Those who excel here are professional and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively. They are dedicated to the job and the team, are detail-oriented and go the extra mile to ensure things are running smoothly.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding QA Tech 1, you will:
- Be dependable, showing up promptly every day.
- Have a positive attitude and adapt and switch gears easily when it comes to changes.
- Promote safety as well as quality.
- Combine creativity and analytical skills in solving problems.
- Assume ownership of and accountability for your responsibilities.
Apply on company website