Company: Bonduelle Fresh Americas
Location: Boston, MA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
If you complement your sales savvy with initiative, resourcefulness and a collaborative approach, this position offers you multiple compelling opportunities. You will:
- Enjoy the "best of both": A fair amount of autonomy in managing your region, including broad decision-making rights, along with the support and resources of a highly collaborative team.
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance; in fact, the position is open because the incumbent is pursuing new challenges within Bonduelle.
- Call on the corporate headquarters of retailers in a multi-state region extending from Boston to Charlotte. Quick question for you - click here
- Join an organization that is actively working to achieve B Corporation certification for making a consistently positive impact on employees, communities, the environment, and customers.
- Engage regularly with senior executives (VPs, the Chief Customer Officer, and others) in a company that has been family-owned for seven generations -- you won't be a number, but a member of the extended family.
- Sell a healthy product in a market where fresh and on-the-go products are at the top of consumers' (and therefore retailers') priority lists.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest quality products. To be a good fit for the Regional Sales Manager opportunity, you will have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience with retail headquarter sales, preferably in the consumer packaged goods space. Quick question for you - click here
- A demonstrated ability to leverage data in selling, developing forecasts, etc.
- A track record of success in:
- Determining customer's needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Working cross-functionally to deliver solutions.
- Excellent merchandising skills.
- Command of Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate up and down the organization.
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action.
- A passion for learning and a desire to work in a fun culture.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- A high energy approach and out-of-the-box thinking.
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. You will manage and coordinate all customers at the headquarter level within assigned customer base. This will include developing and maintaining merchandising and distribution programs You'll work closely with the Customer and an internal cross functional team to ensure the company's sales goals and financial objectives are met.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage day-to-day customer account activity to ensure budgeted sales and margin targets are achieved.
- Ensure that all customer logistic and operation guidelines are met.
- Assist in preparing annual sales budgets for customers in the assigned territory.
- Develop and track promotional activity.
- Analyze sales and margin reports.
- Develop and participate in customer category reviews.
- Assist in sourcing new items to sell.
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with decision makers in customer accounts.
- Evaluate and present all customer requests for new products, marketing initiatives, and modifications.
- Practice category management, analyzing sales results of designated customer accounts.
- Present all new items to all customer accounts.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Ready Pac Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus potential, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. You'll also have a car allowance. Lots of job postings talk about "fast-paced environments," but in working with fresh produce it is particularly important. You will need drive and initiative -- it isn't enough to say, "I sent an email and I'm waiting for a response." You'll need to follow up diligently and ensure goals are achieved quickly.
To excel in this role you will truly understand your customers' needs and goals. From there you should be able to absorb data and other information in order to chart a solution path. This will apply to both sales efforts and business challenges.
You won't do this alone, however. You'll have individual responsibilities and broad decision-making rights, but you you'll rely on the support of others. At Bonduelle Fresh Americas we are very good at driving solutions collectively, and you will have several subject matter experts to assist you. For the most part a collaborative approach will work, but there will be times when you need to persuade others, and times when you need to be assertive.
You'll work from home, so you'll need to be self-motivated and take pride in delivering results. This is no playbook for you to follow, so you should be comfortable planning your strategies and tactics. You'll also wear multiple hats, getting involved in more areas than you might in other sales roles.
Apply on company website