If you combine outstanding sanitation management experience with experience working in a food production environment requiring strict compliance and audit readiness, the role of Sanitation Manager offers some compelling opportunities. You will:
- Serve in a key leadership role managing one direct and 50+ indirect reports working our 3rd shift, which is partially dedicated to sanitation.
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal of autonomy along with support when they need it, and where contributions are appreciated. We also place a high value on continuous improvement.
- Have the opportunity to influence operations outside of Irwindale as we work on standardizing sanitation operations across multiple plants. Your strategic mindset and strong ideas will be welcome and valued.
- Have the best of both worlds -- the tight-knit culture of the Irwindale team and the stability and resources of a publicly traded, family-owned business with an international footprint.
- Enjoy the secure foundation of an established business and market segment -- Fresh -- that's part of a strong consumer growth trend, along with the strength of known and respected brands.
- Take on diverse challenges at one of the largest produce facilities in the Los Angeles area at 400,000 square feet, including 24 production lines, shipping & receiving, a microbiology lab, and more.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest-quality products. To be a good fit for the Sanitation Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required; an associate's or bachelor's degree preferred
- 7+ years of direct managerial experience, including 3+ years of sanitation management experience Quick question for you - click here
- 5+ years of food manufacturing/sanitation experience required
- In-depth knowledge of all OSHA, Safety, FDA, Food Quality and GMP requirements as they pertain to sanitation and quality activities as a consumer goods processing facility required
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement initiatives such as Lean and TMP (Total Productive Maintenance) preferred
- Ability to manage the sanitation budget across shifts; department budget / P&L experience preferred
- Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite applications (Excel, Word)
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a strong plus
- A self-starter and independent leader who can serve as the primary 3rd shift leader
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills to interact and collaborate with staff, leadership, vendors and auditors
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Accountability, dependability and strong follow-through skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs numerous times a day
- Willingness to work prolonged hours in a wet, refrigerated environment Quick question for you - click here
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Leadership, Strategy, Compliance, Engagement, Audit Readiness...All of These Areas and Others Provide a Unique Balance of Challenge and Opportunity Role Overview As Sanitation Manager, you will have overall responsibility for managing the Sanitation team, including a Sanitation Supervisor reporting to you, multiple Coordinators reporting in to the Supervisor, and more than 50 Sanitation Associates. Under limited direction, you will be responsible for optimizing the sanitation staff and processes for the Irwindale facility. This includes standardizing operating procedures, ensuring both food safety, EH&S and other regulatory compliance is adhered to, identifying areas of improvement and influencing and increasing the capabilities of the department across plants. You will oversee quality audits, as well as have overall responsibility for KPI's around quality and safety metrics for the sanitation teams. Additionally, you wlll support 2nd shift housekeeping structure and processes, though the team will not report directly to you. Role Details Reporting to the Operations Manager, as Sanitation Manager, you will spend up to 70% of your time on the strategy, compliance and administrative portions of your role (e.g. compliance programs, process planning, SOPs, documentation, P&L, etc.), with 30% on the floor working with the supervisor and coordinators to ensure full accountability for processes and action items that cascade to the floor level. You'll keep your finger on the pulse of what happens on the floor.
You'll build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the QA Manager and Hygienist, and our chemical vendor, who offers several staff training options. You'll also work closely with the CFS auditing agency and with industry experts within and outside the agency for knowledge gain and feedback.
Your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a strategic sanitation program, policies, plans and processes to ensure sanitary requirements are met; supporting Food Safety requirements towards regulatory compliance.
- Preparing and managing the annual sanitation budget and monitoring expenditure of funds.
- Maintaining a safe working environment by properly implementing and enforcing all safety practices and protocols, with particular focus on chemical handling and equipment operation.
- Planning and managing the master sanitation schedule in accordance with governmental, company and customer standards, assigns and directs the work of sanitation and housekeeping teams.
- Coaching sanitation teams at all facilities in preparations for audits, preparing for and attending all major plant audits at all locations. Ensure audit-ready facilities at all times.
- Planning, developing and implementing new methods and procedures to improve sanitation practices, cleaning of equipment and other parts of the plant as necessary for proper and efficient operation.
- Serving as subject matter expert on sanitation practices, policies, procedures.
- Supporting continuous improvement and capital projects through root cause analysis, 5S, etc.
- Conferring closely with management to resolve maintenance, production and quality issues
- Ensuring document control at all locations for consistency, standardization and ensure SQF compliance.
- Conducting internal sanitation, GMP and technical audits at all locations as needed.
- Engaging all associates in continuous improvement and fosters a positive work environment while developing a culture of ownership and accountability.
- Leading a weekly sanitation cross-functional meeting.
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Bonduelle Fresh Americas Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. Naturally, there are KPIs in place, such as delivering clean lines on time and meeting cleaning objectives the first time, but you will refine processes and their measures to build a best-in-class sanitation operation. We're seeking a detail-oriented expert who is passionate about the process of sanitation. Success will be reflected by audit scores (we have 10-12 audits per year), strict compliance with the USDA, and on-site interaction with the USDA, FDA and others.
Additionally, in order to be an outstanding Sanitation Manager, you will:
- Quickly learn our business and operation so you can hit the ground running
- Earn credibility with your team and ensure strong training and accountability
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively and timely
- Assume ownership of your role and responsibilities, being fully accountable with limited supervision
- Bring a strong work ethic, professionalism and pride in your work to the table
Apply on company website