If you combine a background in transportation with excellent clerical and communication skills and the disposition to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, the role of Transportation Clerk could be your ideal opportunity. Here's why:
As Transportation Clerk, you will:
- Add to your skills and experience by working with a strong Transportation team, delivering inbound and outbound reporting, managing a constant flow of emails, serving as the communication hub for interdepartmental issues related to transportation, and more. You'll also enjoy strong training, including learning our TMS software.
- Make an impact as you support every transportation function from carriers to the Data Manager to the Dispatcher, managing daily inputs and making sure processes and operations are flowing and complete.
- Work with an experienced manager who prides herself on a well-trained team whose members can maintain a nice work/life balance.
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal autonomy along with support when they need it, and where contributions are appreciated. We also place a high value on continuous improvement.
- Have the best of both worlds -- the tight-knit team culture in Jackson and the stability and resources of a growing organization with an international footprint. Quick question for you - click here
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance in Jackson or at other locations. In fact, this role is open because our previous Transportation Clerk was promoted.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest-quality products. To be a good fit for the Transportation Clerk opportunity, you will have:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; an associate's or bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years of transportation experience, ideally in food manufacturing and refrigerated freight Quick question for you - click here
- Transportation background including an understanding of how trucks move (time and schedules)
- Excellent clerical skills and experience including:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Google Suite, and experience with a Transportation Management System software (TMS)
- High volume, accurate data entry skills
- 10-key by touch
- Basic math skills
- Professional telephone skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Strong organization, prioritization and follow-up skills; ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team member
- Calm and professionalism when working and/or dealing with others working under stress
Pictured: Our Ready Snax® Snack Packs are the perfect snack solution at work, after school or anywhere on-the-go. Each of the nine varieties was created to curb your hunger and provide you with a boost of vitamins, all with fewer than 250 calories. Reporting to the Senior Transportation Manager, as Transportation Clerk, you will play a key role within the Transportation department helping ensure the on-time delivery of our products to our customers via inbound and outbound reporting and other clerical and communication duties. You will coordinate with your supervisor to provide daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting. In performing your role, you will input a heavy amount of data using Excel and other systems, then distribute key reports via email and/or hard copy.
Daily, you will keep multiple balls in the air as you work your way through emails (we receive 1000-2000 per day per function (i.e. SLC, data management, dispatch), manage incoming issues, both internal and external (i.e. customer service requests, such as how long a truck can be held until DDT), communicating changes with the team and cross-functional personnel, and more.
Specifically, you will:
- Produce and distribute daily, weekly, monthly reports accurately and on time.
- Ensure files are organized and up to date.
- File for federal requirements and easy retrieval.
- Code invoices and accruals by period and department.
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets as needed.
- Follow up with Accounts Payable regarding invoices, expenses and check requests.
- Collect, distribute, and file reports and documents.
- Support Transportation Clerical Assistant and Warehouse Clerk as needed.
- Complying with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and food quality and safety programs.
- Perform other related tasks assigned. Quick question for you - click here
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Bonduelle Fresh Americas Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun.
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. Those who succeed in the role of Transportation Clerk are self-starters who take pride in their work and ownership of their responsibilities. They are able to adapt to any issues, any workflow, anything that comes their way throughout the day with a keen eye for detail and a calm and clear approach to problem resolution. If you're a list maker who has to cross off every item by the end of the day, this probably isn't the role for you. However, if you're a list maker who continues to build a list knowing that things change minute to minute, is able to reprioritize as needed, is forward looking (Monday's emails typically speak to shipments later in the week), and satisfied that s/he made a positive impact daily, you'll fit right in.
In addition, to be an outstanding Transportation Clerk, you will:
- Bring a positive attitude and upbeat approach to being a frontline contact and valued team member
- Communicate effectively, keeping all required stakeholders in the loop as each situation dictates
- Be flexible, adaptable and dependable
- Own your role and responsibilities, maintaining a commitment to quality and an eye for details
- Deliver results, working to meet and exceed key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Dedicate yourself to learning and improving
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively and timely
Apply on company website