Job Number: R0058500
Cyber Computer Engineer, Mid
Everyone has the notion that security needs to be “baked in” to an IT system architecture, but you actually know how to build it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce attack surfaces. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for the Navy client? We're looking for a Cyber computer engineer who can help create solutions for undersea warfare missions as well as for other government clients that face the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a Cyber computer engineer on our project, you'll perform system design reviews and provide recommendations for compliance with DoD and Navy Cyberspace standards and requirements. You'll work with the client's in-house teams, government stakeholders, large and small business computer systems, and technical equipment and system vendors to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your client's needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where industry state-of-the-art is going. As a team, we'll take a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security requirements and fleet warfighting mission needs. This is a chance to learn from a team of experts as you make a difference in the security of current and future critical undersea warfare systems and equipment. Your contributions will help clients overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like multi-factor authentication, identity and access management, trusted micro-electronics, and advanced analytics. You'll be able to gain experience in submarine computer systems, underwater combat fire control systems and weapons, Cloud-based security, and DoD and Navy anti-tamper policies, while building resilience in a critical warfighting mission area. Join our team as we improve US Navy undersea warfighting platforms and systems through Cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that's Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you seek.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to Hack-a-thons to competing in CTFs, we've have plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or a hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
- 3+ years of experience with providing information assurance, engineering, or operational support to the DoD, including supporting information operations, Cyber operations, system administration, and systems security
- Experience with a DoD certification and accreditation program, including developing or analyzing security test and evaluation reports
- Experience with evaluating information assurance (IA) compliance of a system against current risk management framework (RMF) and DoD Cybersecurity policies
- Ability to report system vulnerability compliance and provide technical recommendations
- Secret clearance required
- BA or BS degree
- DoD 8570 IAT or IAM Level II Certification required
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with submarine operations and submarine Non-Propulsion Electronics Systems (NPESes)
- Experience with Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) Navy database
- Knowledge of submarine computer systems and the Submarine Warfare Federated Tactical System (SWFTS)'s Cybersecurity Planned Maintenance System (PMS)
- Top Secret clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.NMC
Apply on company website