Job Number: R0073006
DevOps Engineer, Mid
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in our nation's healthcare industry? What if you could find a position that is tailor-made for your mix of development, engineering, and communication skills? Efficient software development teams make the most of their time by limiting the activities that take developers away from writing their code. That's why we need you, an experienced DevOps engineer, to help us shorten the time it takes to get critical tools developed and into the hands of end users who need them to drive the way the healthcare industry functions.
As a DevOps engineer on our team, you'll use your development experience to streamline our software development life cycle from requirements to monitoring in production. You'll incorporate open source tools, automation, and Cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the team's developers to do what they do best – innovate. You'll implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting. This is an opportunity to build your experience in Cloud-based development while developing software that will improve veteran's access to healthcare. Join our team as we build tools to transform the future of our nation's healthcare industry.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with Cloud computing environments, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with orchestration tools, including Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment, and delivery approaches and tooling, including Jenkins, Maven, and Gradle
- Experience with container-based infrastructure using tools, including Docker
- Experience with DevOps tools, including ElasticSearch, FluentD, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Consul, or Logstash
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with scripting languages, including Shell, Perl, or Python
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with system architecture, Cloud computing, and micro and nanoservices architecture
- Experience with software development life cycle processes or Agile development, including Scrum, rapid prototyping, or similar rapid development environment
- Experience with API gateways and service meshes
- Experience with RESTFUL and SOAP-based Web services
- Experience with the use of version control systems for code management and artifact tracking, including SVN, Git, and JIRA
- Ability to display expertise in objected-oriented, service-oriented application development principles, theories, and design patterns
- BA or BS degree in CS or 8+ years of experience in a related field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website