Job Number: R0077747
Field Support Engineer, Mid
Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use your IT skills to design, build, and operate secure systems for the Navy in Hawaii? We're looking for a Field Support Engineer who can help create solutions for our Navy clients to modernize their networks.
As a Field Support Engineer on our project, you'll design, install, configure, operate, and maintain the critical networks enabling our Navy client's capabilities. You'll work with fellow engineers and the client to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and dependable network solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. As a team, we'll take a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives, and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to learn from a team of experts as you make a difference in the security and capabilities of warfighter communications. While modernizing Navy networks, you'll gain valuable skills and experience in a highly technical and challenging environment. Join our team as we improve warfighter communications by designing, installing, testing, operating, and maintaining robust, dependable, and modern networks.
Empower change with us.
- 9 years of experience with configuring and troubleshooting network switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, and virtual servers
- 3 years of experience with configuring and troubleshooting LANs, WANs, TCP/IP, SNMP, STP, and DNS
- Experience with communicating and collaborating with senior-level Navy leaders
- Experience with working independently or as part of a diverse team solving complex problems
- Knowledge of operating systems and networking systems, including Microsoft Windows, Cisco Systems, UNIX, and Linux
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Security + and VMware Certifications
Nice If You Have:
- Experience as an EKMS Custodian or User
- Experience with network authentication techniques such as Pulse Secure or Cisco ISE for TACACS/Radius
- Experience with integrating and operating VOIP technologies
- Experience with integrating network design specifications
- Knowledge of Military Grade Crypto, including KGs, Taclanes, and Fastlanes
- Knowledge of DoD and Navy policy in networking and Cybersecurity
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or -related field
- CISSP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website