Job Number: R0064647
Naval Launching Systems Engineer, Senior
Develop and apply advanced systems, methods, theories, and research techniques to the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems. Plan, conduct, and technically direct projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects. Analyze, evaluate, and plan methods of approach and organization to achieve solutions to complex technical problems. Review project progress, evaluate results, and recommend corrections in technical applications and analysis. Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. Provide technical consultation to technical staff or other organizations.
Candidate will oversee, assist with, participate in or perform the following; performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer; performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements; develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components); detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or system elements; identifies, schedule and cost risks, developing and executing mitigation plans for systems or system requirements at risk, and identifying action items needed to resolve programmatic or technical difficulties; reviews or assessments to ensure products meet Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance (HERO) and Personnel (HERP) and Electrical Explosives Safety requirements; preparations for Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) reviews; the coordination and conduct of Failure Review Boards (FRBs); and works closely with other technical and engineering Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), along with ship designer agents to ensure proposed industry solutions and designs are both cost-effective and meet all technical requirements.
- 10+ years of relevant domain experience in Systems Engineering for U.S. Navy missile launching system designs, e.g. Mk 41 VLS, Mk 57 PVLS, and NSM launching systems.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical problems where capabilities are affected by technical achievability, affordability, and schedule.
- Active Secret clearance
- BS in engineering field or discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas as they relate to U.S. Navy missile launching systems: modeling and simulation, parts engineering, reliability engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, structural analysis, Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) test requirements, production engineering and test, development and/or operational test and evaluation (DT/OT&E) efforts.
- Experience with Model–Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Experience with combat/weapon system integration and/or operations of an integrated U.S. Navy surface ship combat system
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website