Job Number: R0082131
Solutions Architect, Mid
At a certain point, experience based system design can start to look like clairvoyance. When you've developed so many systems that you can not only orchestrate the best solution for any technology based challenge, but you can also anticipate and preempt future issues, you're a solutions architect. You've evolved your skills into strategy through a long path of software development accomplishments and the curiosity to understand how all of the pieces of an IT ecosystem fit together. Are you ready to use your combination of knowledge, skill, and experience to tackle the toughest challenges in the Department of Defense?
As a solutions architect on our team, you'll translate your customer's IT needs and future goals into a plan by crafting architecture products, design specifications, statements of work, requirements, scripts, and code.Through your leadership, we'll help transform the way our client uses technology including cloud migration, integrating advanced technology, and modernizing legacy systems. And, what do you do next in a career where you've reached this level? You mentor the next set of developers to help them grow into tomorrow's solutions architects. Join us and build the future of technology in the DoD for the better.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience with the design, development, and delivery of software systems
- Experience with developing software applications using two or more of the following technical stacks: Java EE, Python, NodeJS, or .NET
- Experience with design, implementation, and consulting
- Knowledge of one or more of the following relational database management systems: PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle DB, MySQL, or MariaDB
- Knowledge of designing solutions on Cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, Kubernetes, or OpenStack
- Ability to design and architect enterprise portfolios and capabilities with modern tools and technologies, including Java, .NET, HTML5, XML, JSON, JQuery, React.js, Ansible, Docker, OpenShift, or AWS
- Ability to facilitate effective internal meetings and organize and draft written reports or presentations with minimal guidance
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills to define technical details
MA or MS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Solutions Developer Certification
Microsoft Certified Azure Developer or Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect
Security+, CASP CE, CISSP, or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification
CCNA, Network+, or equivalent Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.APC4
Apply on company website