Job Number: R0075723
Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills to improve the technology supportinga federal agency dedicated to science? We're looking for a systems administrator who is prepared to leverage programming languages, frameworks and processes to update, implement, and manage systems and systems security engineering processes to help us support satellite ground systems.
As a systems administrator on our project, you'll support the reliability of existing IT infrastructure through implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance activities. You'll provide your customers insight into their network through monitoring and performance management. Your technical expertise will be vital as you identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network. You'll help your team better understand the network by turning metrics into information and explaining their meaning. This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset into areas like programming languages, frameworks and processes, analysis of engineering plans and configuration management. We focus on growing as a team, so you'll share your expertise through leadership and mentoring as you help the team work through challenges and develop new methodologies. As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to modernize the network to help your customers meet their needs. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve systems reliability and integrity.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience in a systems administration role in an aerospace environment
- Knowledge of maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting digital system environments, including Linux and Windows, by leveraging expertise in Operating System (OS)-level scripting and system logs, tools, and monitoring functions
- Knowledge of networking protocols and architectures
- Knowledge of application development and software
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with analyzing and implementing network configuration management plans and documenting network or system topologies
- Experience with installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing Cisco device operation and network security
- BS degree in Computer Science
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other specialists doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share successful methodologies and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website