Job Number: R0064655
Tactical Missile Systems Test and Evaluation Engineer, Senior
Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and modified products and product components. Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Provide technical support and advice to the client and guide junior personnel on the performance of their tasks.
Candidate will observe, oversee, assist with, participate in or perform the following: test planning, execution, test data collection and reduction methods and techniques, test data analyze and documentation of the results; assessing compliance with Insensitive Munitions (IM) design requirements and implementation through test results; testing to ensure products meet Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance (HERO) and Personnel (HERP) and Electrical Explosives Safety requirements; preparations for Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) reviews; and the conduct of Failure Review Boards (FRBs).
- 10 years of relevant domain experience in Test and Evaluation of U.S. Navy tactical Surface to Air Missile systems; laboratory and field testing of missile systems, including test planning, execution, test data collection and reduction methods and techniques, test data analyze and documentation of the results (to include qualification and/or design verification activities); conducting tests to characterize full- and reduced-scale models, mock-ups, prototypes, subsystems, and missile system components; developing test plans, test simulation and emulation, test documentation, safety plans, risk hazard assessments, and test standard operating procedures; and development and/or Operational Test and Evaluation (DT/OT&E) efforts; including live-fire events and Post-Test Flight analysis.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical problems where capabilities are affected by technical achievability, affordability, and schedule.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- BS in Engineering
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas as they relate to U.S. Navy tactical Surface to Air Missile systems: tactical missile design principles, system performance modeling and analysis, flight dynamics, Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC), RF/optical/passive sensors technologies, fuzing technologies, warhead design, energetics, propulsion, modeling and simulation, parts engineering, reliability engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, structural analysis; and
- Experience with Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) test requirements, and production engineering and test.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website