Job Number: R0091727
Cyber Automation Engineer
Are you an experienced Cyber Professional ready to take on a challenging technical subject matter expert role that incorporates Cyber Analysis, Automation, and Development or Scripting?
As a Cyber Automation Engineer Technical SME on our team, you will be responsible for codifying existing processes and procedures into playbooks and workflows. In addition, you will use your expertise in Cyber and Automation to drive enhanced detection and response capabilities for the client. The Cyber Automation Engineer will be challenged to design, implement, integrate, manage, and maintain systems or tools relied upon to automate complex cyber activities. You will work with other teams to identify automation gaps, creatively develop automation workflows, and drive improvements to detection and response throughout the Security Operations Center.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience in Cybersecurity detection, response, and log analysis
- 2+ years of experience in working with Python
- 2+ years of experience with automating complex Security Operations Center processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Splunk Phantom, Demisto, Apache Nifi, or other solutions and platforms that provide SOAR like capabilities
- Knowledge of integrating solutions via APIs and creating custom apps or integrations
- Ability to codify processes and procedures
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to determine gaps and develop cyber automation and SOAR requirements
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
- DoDD 8570 IAT II+ Certification, including CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+CE)
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with creating, managing, and developing workflows for Splunk Phantom
- Experience with automating Cyber Threat Intelligence Platforms, including MISP or ThreatQ
- Knowledge of using Splunk and creating Splunk content, including Alerts and Dashboards
- Knowledge of version control systems, including Git
- Ability to maintain a positive and customer-centric attitude
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent troubleshooting and organization skills
- Splunk Phantom Training Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that's Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website