Job Number: R0108030
Data Engineer, Mid
Do you want to work at the forefront of advanced technology and solve complex data challenges? You know that data yields pivotal insights when it's gathered from disparate sources and organized. As a data engineer, you have the chance to develop and deploy the pipelines and platforms that make this data meaningful. What's more, you'll have the chance to help grow Booz Allen's DataOps capabilities while working with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data engineers, data scientists, developers, and data consumers in a fast-paced, agile environment. We're looking for someone like you to work with our clients and meet their mission by supporting the DoD through developing the next generation of IT infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to implement data engineering activities on some of the most mission-driven projects in the industry. Supporting tactical and strategic data infrastructure, you'll have the chance to architect data systems, stand up data platforms, build out ETL pipelines, write custom code, interface with data stores, perform ingestion, and build models. From sharing your skills in analytical exploration and examination of data to supporting the assessment, design, building, and maintenance of scalable platforms, you'll work with our clients to solve their most pressing challenges.
Ready to help drive innovation using cutting-edge data tools and techniques?
Join us. The world can't wait.
- Experience with a modern programming language, including Python or Java
- Experience with working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with developing ETL
- Experience with T-SQL
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with using Lucene-based search engines, including ElasticSearch or Solr
- Experience with Big Data ETL tools, including StreamSets and NiFi
- Experience with Big Data systems, including Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, or Cloudera
- Experience in working with enterprise and production systems
- Ability to display a positive, can-do attitude to solve the challenges of tomorrow
- Ability to learn technical concepts and communicate with multiple functional groups
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hortonworks, Cloudera, or Big Data Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website