Job Number: R0104185
Data Scientist, Senior
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to advance the state of technologies used for Geo-Intelligence across the Air Force and intelligence community. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll mentor teammates and work with a group of academic researchers, commercial industry partners, and government stakeholders to evaluate technologies and research studies, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, apply machine learning to solve a set of defined Geospatial challenges and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help the community of researchers at the Air Force shape their ongoing Geo-Intelligence research portfolio make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in Geospatial AI for the Air Force.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with building and integrating data models, including social network data, optical satellite imagery, hyper-spectral data, Geographical Positioning System (GPS), non-GPS, Inertial Navigation System (INS), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) trackers, and other types of Geospatial data and automation methods in a DoD and IC research and development or academic research environment
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques, including data mining, regression analysis, predictive modeling, natural language processing, or machine learning
- Experience with programming languages, including Python, SQL, or R
- Experience with data visualization technologies, including Tableau or Kibana
- Experience with working in hybrid teams of analysts and technologists to solve critical challenges
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, or deep learning concepts and technologies
- Ability to create and present research objectives and progress to a diverse audience
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree and 5+ years of experience as a data scientist or engineer supporting intelligence missions or research programs or MA or MS degree and 3+ years of experience as a data scientist or engineer supporting intelligence missions or research programs
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with supporting intelligence missions
- Experience with system integration for multi-INT operations, including databases and tasking systems for GEOINT, SIGINT, HUMINT, MASINT, or OSINT across the US Intelligence Community or DoD
- Experience with digital satellite imagery, signals data, or other sensor data
- Experience with working in multi-agency or deployed operational environments
- Experience with leveraging new or emerging intelligence capabilities
- Knowledge of cloud computing, including AWS, solutions architecting, or elastic computing concepts and technologies
- Ability to manage dynamic queries and data integration from national, operational, and tactical intelligence databases, tools, and services
- Ability to create custom automated functions in integrated development environments, visual programming environments, or scripting notebooks
- Secret clearance
- MA or MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics, and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website