Job Number: R0106609
Data Scientist, Senior
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve the our client's mission. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll mentor teammates, identifies and collects data sources, analyzes and extracts key data and information develop algorithms, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help our client's leadership make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good.
Empower change with us.
- 3+ years of experience with data analytics in a professional setting
- Experience with VBA, Excel, R, Python, or SQL for data analysis
- Experience with Tableau or PowerBI
- Knowledge of scripting or programming language, including R, Python, or Java
- Ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes
- Ability to create mathematical and statistical models
- Ability to create briefing slides that visualize data and provide analytical results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with developing software in high-level languages, including Python
- Experience in working on an Agile software development team, in a DevSecOps environment
- Experience in developing AI models
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and all levels of leadership in verbal and written forms
- Ability to think and act independently in the assigned area of responsibility
- TS/SCI clearance
- MA or MS degree
- Tableau Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website