Job Number: R0088227
DevOps Engineer, Lead
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference and help build a system that will have a positive impact for the US government? What if you could find a position that is tailor-made for your mix of development, engineering, and communication skills? Efficient software development teams make the most of their time by limiting the activities that take developers away from writing their code. That's why we need you, an experienced DevOps engineer, to make a difference in understanding, designing, and architecting Cloud and hybrid-Cloud based systems that leverage the latest tools and methods to increase the speed to the mission of new capabilities and maximize efficient systems using modern software techniques.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer on our team, you'll use your development experience to streamline our software development life cycle from requirements to monitoring in production. You'll lead efforts to incorporate open source tools, automation, and Cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the team's developers to do what they do best – innovate. You'll implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting. This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset into areas like DevSecOps, chaos engineering, Cloud-based development and design, containerization, and serverless while developing the foundation for systems that will improve national security. As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to build software solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges. Join our team as we build tools to transform the future of our customers.
Empower change with us.
- 8+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- Experience in a system engineering or systems administration role
- Knowledge of end-to-end modern Agile software development
- Knowledge of Linux and Linux system administration
- Top Secret clearance
- BS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Ability to obtain Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification within 6 months of hire
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with implementing and maintaining Jenkins
- Experience with writing scripts and glue to tie together services, functionalities, and tools using technologies, including Python scripting, Bash, Boto3, JSON, and YML and XML templates
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, and Ansible
- Ability to use automation tools and Infrastructure-as-Code to manage installations, pipelines, and scripting
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph preferred
- Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website