Job Number: R0110213
DevOps Engineer, Senior
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in law enforcement? What if you could find a position that is tailor-made for your mix of development, engineering, and communication skills? Efficient software development teams make the most of their time by limiting the activities that take developers away from writing their code. That's why we need you, an experienced DevOps engineer, to help us shorten the time it takes to get critical tools developed and into the hands of investigators and analysts who need them to protect children, detect human trafficking, disrupt transnational crime, and other missions.
As a DevOps engineer on our team, you'll use your development experience to streamline our software development life cycle from requirements to monitoring in production. You'll incorporate open source tools, automation, and cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the team's developers to do what they do best – innovate. You'll implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting. This is an opportunity to build your experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenShift, infrastructure as code, and Big Data administration while developing software that will help solve criminal problems. Join our team as we build tools to transform the future of law enforcement.
Empower change with us.
- 3+ year of experience with DevOps, including infrastructure configuration, software and service operations, CI/CD, and information security in a cloud environment
- Experience with managing containerized environments, and working in Linux-based environments
- Experience with pipeline tools that include Jenkins, SonarQube, OWASP, or Helm Charts
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with managing environments with 100+ servers
- Experience with deploying and patching Open Source applications
- Experience with Java
- Experience with scripting languages like Groovy or Python
- Experience in working with and deploying software on container platforms, including OpenShift
- Experience with the implementation of performance monitoring and optimization for infrastructure and applications
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning using tools such as Terraform or AWS CloudFormation
- Experience with task automation using Bash, Python, Batch or PowerShell
- Experience with configuration management using Ansible
- Experience with using version control tools, including Git and GitHub
- Experience in working with an artifact repository such as Nexus
- Experience with working on an agile team
- Top Secret clearance or active DHS Suitability
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website