Job Number: R0099104
Journeyman Systems Test Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in national defense? You understand your customer's environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a systems engineer on our team, you have the chance to shape testing of naval systems. This is your chance to develop your skills in naval self defense while gaining experience in the system development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile and Scrum processes. Join our team and help turn requirements into accomplishments that drive change.
Empower change with us.
- 3+ years of experience with a real-time weapon system
- 3+ years experience with structured requirements analysis methodologies for real time software intensive weapon systems
- Experience with the Fire Control (FC) and Test-Driven Development (TDD) environments, test designing, planning and execution, and verification and validation, and maintaining automated test suites across multiple environments and back-end applications
- Experience with process automation tools and methodologies and test management tools
- Knowledge of Integrated Warfare Systems and Naval Surface Warfare Center boards and Control Management (CM) processes, including requirements traceability
- Ability to apply model and test results to support decision making
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with system or software testing of weapons systems, Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBC), or Command and Control systems
- Experience in performing test activities with automation tools and methodologies and test management tools
- Experience in combat system integration with command and control, weapon control, networks, display systems, and communications systems
- Knowledge of system engineering fields, including configuration management, risk management, Cybersecurity, system safety, and certification processes
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website