Job Number: R0112590
Machine Learning Engineer, Senior
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve aerospace mission solutions. We are a cross-functional team of data scientists, modelers, and web developers who build elegant solutions to complex data problems. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their unique problems and constraints, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll develop novel optimization algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help military leadership make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it to solve their challenges. Join us as we use data science for good in aerospace and defense.
Empower change with us.
- 2+ years of experience with data science or machine learning
- Experience with Python or R
- Ability to develop machine learning models and applications and communicate results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with MLOps tools
- Experience with PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Knowledge of the Air Force, NASA, or Space Force
- Ability to deploy ML models using AWS, Azure, or GCP cloud services
- MA or MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website