Job Number: R0094147
Software and System Design Engineer, Senior
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact on National Intelligence? You understand your customer's environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer-focused engineering solution.
As a leader in systems engineering, we're looking for you to solve complex challenges and shape intelligence gathering by leading the design of a cloud-based software application. Your customer will trust you to not only design and develop these systems, but also evolve them with advanced technology solutions. Share your expertise through leadership and mentoring, while broadening your skillset into areas like software design and agile software development. Grow your skills by merging requirements gathering and technical leadership to create digital solutions. Join our team and create the future of national security in the Intelligence Community.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with analyzing requirements, concepts of operation documents, and high-level architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Experience with facilitating program-level processes and execution
- Experience with facilitating problem-solving to manage risk, remove impediments, drive program-level continuous improvement, validate system characteristics, properties and behaviors, and enable early feedback
- Experience with guiding users and product owners in formulating requirements, advising alternative approaches, and conducting feasibility studies
- Experience with providing technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, technology, and developing detailed system documentation
- Experience in communicating with program personnel, government, overseers, and senior executives
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree and 10 years of experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 8570 compliance, IAT Level II certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco Networking, Cisco ASA, or Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience with VMware Infrastructures and architectures, virtual networking,or vROPS
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, YUM, Satellite, or Capsule technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Storage Systems (EMC (Unity, Isilon platforms) NetApp)
- Experience with Enterprise scale backup technologies
- Experience with STIG Audits, hardening and remediation procedures
- Expereince with Certification and Accreditation
- Experience with Risk Management Frameworks
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website