Job Number: R0110296
Windows System Administrator, Senior
Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills to improve the technology supporting Navy and Marine Corps clients? We're looking for a systems administrator and network engineer who specializes in Windows server administration and network systems engineering to help us design, develop and deploy digital solutions for Navy systems and networks that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a systems administrator on our project, you'll assist with the ongoing design, maintenance, and technical support for Navy production systems and networks. You'll work with in-house teams to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions while also ensuring that the current infrastructure is functional and available. You'll help to protect Navy systems and networks from the latest cyber threats by updating and patching critical systems. You'll ensure the operational capability of Navy systems by troubleshooting and resolving technical issues on highly complex, scientific networks.
You'll provide your customers with insight into their network through network monitoring and performance management. Your technical expertise will be vital as you identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network. You'll help your team better understand the network by turning metrics into information and explaining their meaning. This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset into areas like cloud-based computing, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and high productivity systems (HPC).
We focus on growing as a team, so you'll share your expertise through leadership and mentoring as you help the team to work through challenges and develop new methodologies. As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to modernize the network to help your customers meet their needs. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve the operational capability and cybersecurity posture of Navy systems and networks.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience with installing, configuring, and administering Windows Server, Windows 10 workstation, and the Zero client environment
- 5+ years of experience with patching and updating Windows systems to address identified vulnerabilities
- 5+ years of experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues on a production network
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization technologies, including ESXi and VMware
- Active Secret clearance
- BS degree in Engineering or Science
- 8570 Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with administering, troubleshooting, and configuring Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Windows Domain Name System (DNS) and Active Directory (AD)
- Experience in working with DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) to harden operating systems with required security specifications
- Experience with administering, troubleshooting and configuring Virtual Private Network (VPN) clients on a production network
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Macintosh server administration
- Experience with Apache Web Server administration
- Knowledge of Linux systems and Linux DNS
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Linux +, or Network + Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website