Title: Facilities Manager
FLSA: Executive Exemption
Supervises: Service Technicians
Manages, evaluates, and facilitates field requests for facilities and equipment repairs and replacements for over 400 restaurants.
• Establishes a strategy, budget, and execution for capital maintenance and improvement projects with the Chief Operating Officer.
• Works with the Directors of Operations, vendors, and Supply Chain department as necessary to facilitate requests.
• Submits field requests on a weekly basis to the Chief Operating Officer for approval.
• Manages field requests for facilities and equipment repairs and replacements, evaluating whether repair or replacement is the best option.
• Effectively manages proposals and the work order process through Service Channel.
• Validates the required scope of work for all projects to ensure the most cost effective price is obtained to consistently lower costs.
• Travels to restaurants as needed to validate maintenance and improvements projects are done correctly when high ticket Repair and Maintenance or capital is completed.
• Assists resolution of permit/license violation notices inadvertently sent to restaurants.
• Works with municipalities and health departments to ensure all units are in full compliance with local codes and regulations.
• Works with Area Managers to perform facilities assessments and provides recommendations for improvements for interior and exterior of facilities and equipment repairs and replacements.
• Acts as the field contact, working with Repair & Maintenance Specialist and Property Administration, for problem resolution with land or property managers.
• Manages and audits performance of national account vendors. Negotiates and manages local/regional service companies, where necessary, to reduce service rates, parts mark-up and overtime hours.
• Establishes and maintains planned maintenance programs within established territory.
• Systematically audits and challenges services invoice for both local and national account service providers in cooperation with Support Center departments.
• Coordinates unit closures including: inventory, transfer, and reinstall or sell of all equipment; cancellation of contracts; removal of leased equipment; and utility shutoffs.
• Provides training to Operations for items requested.
• Integrate PCB/QSC feedback related to facilities into restaurant level execution.
• Warranty follow-up
• Provides equipment support for new product rollout.
• Self-motivated, tracks, prioritizes, and finishes duties and projects as required and assigned in an efficient and timely manner.
• Returns all emails and voice mails within 24 hours.
• Deals with interruptions and successfully manages multiple tasks.
• Maintains behaviors and actions consistent with the company's values and standards.
• Continuously looks for ways to increase professional development.
• Works additional hours as needed.
• Regular and punctual attendance.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Travels approximately 25% as needed for company business.
• Business Acumen.
• Detail Oriented.
• Effective Communication, verbal and written.
• Execution Excellence and Reliability.
• Problem Solving.
• Relationship Building.
• Strong Work Ethic.
• Teamwork & Collaboration.
Travels as necessary, in-town and out-of-town within the enterprise; overnight travel as needed.
This position supervises Service Technicians in their territory.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, physical demands include periodic ladder climbing, minor equipment repairs, installation of covert cameras or relocation and lifting up to 50 pounds in a retail store environment.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• This is a full-time position with a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business (may include evenings, weekends, and holidays).
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business Management, or equivalent work experience.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, and Power Point.
• 1 year of experience using Service Channel.
• 2 years of experience in project management.
• 2 years of experience managing multi-unit facilities maintenance.
• 2 years of experience in generally accepted accounting and budgeting practices.
• 3 years of experience in multi-unit service vendor management.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business Management, or related field.
• 3 years of experience in project management in a restaurant environment.
• 3 years of experience in restaurant operations.
• 5 years of experience in multi-unit facilities maintenance management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interacts daily with field management team and Design and Construction team members. Frequently interacts with members of Finance, Supply Chain, and Property Administration.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.
Apply on company website