Title: Business Analyst
Reports to: Company Owner, Jay Pandya
Summary / Objective: Data-Driven business improvement champion. Primary responsibility is to work with stakeholders to understand the operations of the business and its challenges, and to recommend solutions to achieve its goals.
- Assists with gathering and interpreting data with various levels of problem solving.
- Identifies problems and opportunities, recommending solutions.
- Creates reporting and metrics; provide analysis that drives action/resolution.
- Develops a deep understanding of existing performance and productivity metrics, and develop new metrics and measures to gauge fulfillment performance.
- Presents findings that assist understanding, alignment, and informed decision making.
- Develops and maintains data models, categorizing and joining data from various internal and external data sources.
- Develops actionable insights and areas of opportunity for performance, quality, and productivity and make recommendations to operating teams.
- Assists in the support of problem solving, improving business processes and customer requests.
- Conducts root cause analysis on business problems, in partnership with leadership to identify insights that inform and drive key business decisions.
- Responds to information requests and effectively communicates the impact to stakeholders.
- Summarizes and communicates recommendations to leadership.
- Exercises judgment in financial, operational or transactional analysis to identify and help resolve issues.
- Maintains comprehensive and detailed project tracking and routinely communicate project status with business stakeholders.
- Maintain reports over time and measure their usage and value.
- Effectively communicates insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Prioritizes initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Works additional hours as business requires.
- Handles all matters with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Maintains behaviors and actions consistent with the company's values and standards.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Participates in training and strives to increase and improve existing skills.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Effective Communication, verbal and written
Execution Excellence & Reliability
Financial & Business Acumen
Teamwork & Collaboration
Travels as necessary, in-town and out-of-town within the enterprise; overnight travel as needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business (may include evenings, weekends, and holidays).Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence and or Data Analysis.
- Highly organized, analytical, flexible with shifting priorities and able to always exercise strong judgment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of personalities.
- Ability to move quickly and make on-the-spot decisions without sacrificing attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside the company.
- 5 years of experience using Microsoft Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.
Apply on company website