Title: Service Technician
Reports to: Facilities Manager
- Performs necessary maintenance on restaurant building systems and equipment at multiple sites.
- Replaces and repairs light fixtures.
- Paints interior and exterior of restaurants as needed.
- Repairs and replaces tiling and minor fixtures.
- Repairs restaurant equipment such as waterbath, refrigerators, spits, and display cases.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs.
- Replaces major fixtures such as drywall, cabinets, and shelving.
- Fixes electrical issues and sprinklers as needed.
- Maintains safe and clean work area.
- Ensures safe conditions around buildings during inclement weather.
- Uses various hand and power tools appropriately.
- Completes other repairs as needed.
- Deals with interruptions and successfully manages multiple tasks.
- Ensures adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Follows all company safety and security policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensures personal appearance is clean and professional and protects company assets.
- Maintains behaviors and actions consistent with the company's values and standards.
- Works additional hours as needed.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Travels continuously via car across the market.
Execution Excellence & Reliability
Sense of Urgency & Time Management
- Significant time driving/flying to and visiting restaurant locations.
- Withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
- Move throughout the restaurant for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours per day).
- Stand and walk on hard-surface floors for entire shift, up to 8 hours, not including breaks.
- Tolerate temperature extremes (hot and cold) in working in-walk-in and around ovens and sinks.
- Repetitively lift items or tools up to 25-lb if needed.
- Bend, reach, and stoop to clean area after fixing repairs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days can be during all 7 days of the week, not to exceed 40 hours. Weekend support as needed and required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Reliable transportation.
- Basic maintenance tools.
- 2-4 years of experience in plumbing, electrical, painting, tiling, drywall, wood work, etc.
- 2-4 years of experience working on different types of restaurant, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and security equipment.
- 2-4 years of experience using basic office machines and computer software (Windows, Outlook).
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2 years of experience as a restaurant maintenance engineer.
- Plumbing, mechanical, or electrical certifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.
Apply on company website