Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
POSITION LOCATION: Atlanta office-based opportunity
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or related field, or education/experience equivalency.
Minimum of three to five years of experience working in non-profit development, including prospect research and cultivation, donor interfacing and stewardship, data entry and analysis, project management, grant writing and proposal drafting.
Proficiency in prioritizing tasks; ability to think strategically; demonstrates high skills in persuasion and influence; demonstrates high standards of ethics and integrity; project and time management skills; impeccable verbal and written presentation skills; solid business acumen; strong attention to detail; able to interact and build relationships with all levels of management, including C-level; pronounced problem resolution skills and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
Normal internal office environment; travel estimated at up to 20% (can be up to 4-6 days or more in a given month, including weekends - depending upon scheduling requirements). The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to navigate areas of the country by using a map or other direction methods. Ability to travel by car and by airplane.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to exchange, clearly and concisely: ideas, facts, and/or technical information in person, by email and by telephone. Physical requirements include: sight, sitting for at least four hours per day, stooping, grasping/motor dexterity skills; skills essential for successful communications include public speaking and writing.
- Assist the corporate team in developing new partner contracts and renewal strategies to build a sustainable pipeline that meets annual goals, as well as campaign goals.
- Manage effective partner communications related to stewardship plan. Assist in the preparation and execution of special events and projects pertaining to donor stewardship.
- Provide prospect research for fundraisers as needed, assisting with the strategic alignment and growth of corporate partnerships.
- Draft and edit briefings, proposals, strategy documents and other materials for fundraisers and account relationship directors in preparation for internal and external meetings.
- Create engaging presentations using graphics, tables, charts and other advanced features. Work with Creative Services to maximize visual impact and align brand with campaign materials.
- Ensure database accuracy and support execution of requests from Resource Development Operations Team.
- Review and reconcile corporate pipeline, and maintain communication with corporate leadership team on status.
- Proactively collaborate with corporate team to maintain complete and accurate constituent records.
- Provide a high-level of professionalism, support and logistic coordination for corporate partner meetings and interaction with BGCA's senior leadership.
- Forge positive relationships with corporate partner contacts and internal staff members on other teams, contributing to BGCA's positive reputation and a matrix work environment.
- Prepare transmittals and thank you letters to ensure gifts are acknowledged within two business days of receipt on behalf of National Vice President, Corporate and Cause Partnerships and the National Director, Corporate and Cause Partnerships – West Region. Provide additional administrative support for the West Region.
- Support execution of corporate and cause partnerships as needed
- Assist with other projects as required by the National Director, Corporate and Cause Partnerships.
- Participate in national conferences and collaborations with strategic third parties which further BGCA's mission
- Demonstrate BGCA mission-driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion and integrate into work environment and ways of work.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy and elsewhere.
Apply on company website