Exceptional Care–Exceptional People
By choosing to work at Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS), you are joining an organization with more than 130 years of making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve throughout our communities. We value Care, Accountability, Respect and Equity, and we are working together to build a healthier community!
At BCHS, we are focused on delivering safe, high quality care and customer service every day. It is our exceptional people who make that happen – our people are the reason BCHS is such an awesome place to work! We recognize and reward our teams, support continuing education and provide ongoing opportunities for meaningful growth and development.
This is a great time to consider joining BCHS – come be part of our story!
Job Perks for Employees at BCHS:
- Competitive Wages within a health care environment
- Benefits for Regular Full-Time and pay in lieu of benefits for Part-time/Temporary staff
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – HOOPP
- Centralized Education Fund
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounted parking available
Reporting to the Chief Strategy, Quality, Risk and Communications Officer, The Communications Specialist plays a key role in both the breadth and depth of the communications activities for both sites of the Brant Community Healthcare System. The individual must be capable of managing numerous projects simultaneously while being interactive with various groups of professionals – all the while ensuring that the end result is consistent with the necessary strategic direction/outcomes required for the BCHS. The non-stop communication demands of the BCHS requires this employee deliver effective and timely communication programs in a fast-paced environment
- Leads the planning and development of corporate and strategic communications projects. (eg. develops posters, educational materials, materials for huddle boards, updating program information on web pages, developing COVID reports, developing patient materials and working with the Patient Family Advisory Committee on a variety of projects.)
- Writes memos, media releases, articles/blogs, key messages, creative briefs, presentations, annual report to the community, and copy for various marketing pieces and other writing for internal/external publications as they arise.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders across all departments; develop communications plans as well as communications and marketing collateral for their programs and services.
- Assist in the planning and execution of crisis communications, including outbreaks, issues management, and reputation management.
- Arranges print, web and radio advertisements as appropriate.
- Participates on various committees including way finding, signage, recognition and wellness.
- Develops hospital recognition materials for various health care recognition dates including Nursing Week, National Physician Day, Administrative Professional Day, etc.
- Manages external suppliers such as graphic designers, consultants, videographers and photographers, as required.
- Leads video development for various campaigns (e.g. program and/or service promo, annual report).
- Develops and maintains templates/branding standards for the organization.
- Leads the corporate social media strategy (along with other Communications team members) that aligns with BCHS's strategic vision, and promotes and enhances the organization's brand reputation.
- Develops messaging and monitors social media Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram for various initiatives or issues.
- Responsible for updating the BCHS website (webmaster) and helps to develop content for the BCHS Intranet.
- Leads photography for various campaigns, including social media content.
- Participates in the day to day media relations for the organization in collaboration with the Chief Strategy, Quality & Risk Officer, including gather information, preparing responses, key messages and issuing media releases
- Leads the planning and execution of events, as well as aid with the events of other stakeholders throughout BCHS.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing is required.
- Master's Degree or Post Graduate Certificate in Public Relations or Web Development/Production is an asset
- A minimum 3 years of recent and related experience is required, experience working in a health care setting is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates with a combination of education and experience in communications:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite; knowledge of graphic/web design;
- Experience with design applications e.g. Canva, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, photography & videography.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including writing, editing and proofreading.
- Knowledge of design techniques, media production, and print production processes.
- Customer service orientation with exceptional relationship building abilities.
- Success in developing and implementing creative and effective external and internal communications programs that reach diverse audiences.
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple and changing deadlines with solid project management skills.
- Ability to work well at all levels of an organization and interact confidently with Senior Leadership.
- Able to work independently, make timely decisions and drive solutions forward under pressure.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically and implement solutions.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to commit to last-minute requests and after-hours deadlines.
- Reliable individual with excellent attendance record and able to work all shifts
Primary responsibilities also include:
Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a BCHS Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
To submit your application, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS) is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from women, members of racialized groups, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
To ensure there is equal opportunity during the recruitment and selection process, BCHS provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Apply to this job