Opening date: July 20, 2021 Exceptional Care–Exceptional People
By choosing to work at Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS), you are joining an organization with more than 130 years of making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve throughout our communities. We value Care, Accountability, Respect and Equity, and we are working together to build a healthier community!
At BCHS, we are focused on delivering safe, high quality care and customer service every day. It is our exceptional people who make that happen – our people are the reason BCHS is such an awesome place to work! We recognize and reward our teams, support continuing education and provide ongoing opportunities for meaningful growth and development.
This is a great time to consider joining BCHS – come be part of our story!
Job Perks for Regular Full-Time Employees at BCHS:
- Competitive Wages within a health care environment
- Group health and dental benefits
- Group life and accidental death & dismemberment benefits
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – HOOPP
- Centralized Education Fund
- Wellness and recognition programs
The RN demonstrates professional development and clinical competency, utilizes the nursing process to assess plan, implement and evaluate patient care, addresses health educational needs for patients and families, and other health care providers, manages patient care assignments as well as other organizational tasks related to patient unit operations and acts in a clinical leadership role in the coordination of patient care for all assigned patients. Reporting to the Manager, PACU, Day Surgery, and Pre-Op clinic, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing evidence based, comprehensive, safe, effective and ethical nursing care to all clients in need of Surgical Services.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university nursing program
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Current Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Post Anaesthesia Care Nursing Certificate or willing to enroll and complete course within 6 months
- Current 2 years of surgical, PACU or Critical Care Unit experience required
- Current Airway Management Skills
- Experience with Spinal and Epidural Management
- Current IV certification
- Proven knowledge of risks associated with all phases of recovery, and knowledge of Anaesthetics used
- Demonstrated ability to work within a Total Patient Care Delivery system in which regulated health care professionals practice to their full scope adhering to the practice standards as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Ability to multitask and set priorities in a high intensity and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a team focus
- Demonstrates commitment to exceptional customer service with patients, families, staff, colleagues and community partners
- Ability to establish positive and proactive work relationships with external partners
- Reliable individual with excellent attendance record and able to work all shifts
- Proven critical thinking skills, creative problem solver with a solution focus and patient centred approach
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and use effective interpersonal skills with colleagues and other members of the BCHS and external partners
- Creative problem solver with a solution focus and patient friendly approach
- Demonstrated excellence in patient assessment and care planning
- Current certification in ventilation, EKG, arterial and CVP lines and Arrhythmia Interpretation
- Member of RNAO and OPANA
- Self-directed individual with the ability to work both independently and in partnership with members of the inter-professional team
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and personal development in nursing
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to be a coach, teacher and mentor to colleagues and students
Primary responsibilities also include:
Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a BCHS Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
To submit your application, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS) is an equal opportunity employer. The BCHS is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, the BCHS provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Apply to this job