Exceptional Care–Exceptional People
By choosing to work at Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS), you are joining an organization with more than 130 years of making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve throughout our communities. We value Care, Accountability, Respect and Equity, and we are working together to build a healthier community!
At BCHS, we are focused on delivering safe, high quality care and customer service every day. It is our exceptional people who make that happen – our people are the reason BCHS is such an awesome place to work! We recognize and reward our teams, support continuing education and provide ongoing opportunities for meaningful growth and development.
This is a great time to consider joining BCHS – come be part of our story!
Job Perks for Employees at BCHS:
- Competitive Wages within a health care environment
- Benefits for Regular Full-Time and pay in lieu of benefits for Part-time/Temporary staff
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – HOOPP
- Centralized Education Fund
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounted parking available
Reporting to the Manager, Operating Room, PACU and Day Surgery, the successful applicant will be responsible for comprehensive nursing care in the Operating Room program.
- Graduate of an accredited college nursing program
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Completion or current enrollment of post-grad Operating Room course required
- Minimum One (1) year current Operating Room experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a team focus
- Self-directed individual with the ability to work both independently and in partnership with members of the inter professional team
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and personal development in nursing
- Creative problem solver with a solution focus and patient friendly approach
- Demonstrates commitment to exceptional customer service with patients, families, staff, colleagues and community partners
- Proven critical thinking skills
- Ability to multitask and set priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to establish positive and proactive work relationships with external partners
- Reliable individual with excellent attendance record
Primary responsibilities also include:
Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a BCHS Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
To submit your application, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS) is an equal opportunity employer. The BCHS is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, the BCHS provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Apply to this job