Exceptional Care–Exceptional People
By choosing to work at Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS), you are joining an organization with more than 130 years of making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve throughout our communities. We value Care, Accountability, Respect and Equity, and we are working together to build a healthier community!
At BCHS, we are focused on delivering safe, high quality care and customer service every day. It is our exceptional people who make that happen – our people are the reason BCHS is such an awesome place to work! We recognize and reward our teams, support continuing education and provide ongoing opportunities for meaningful growth and development.
This is a great time to consider joining BCHS – come be part of our story!
Job Perks for Employees at BCHS:
- Competitive Wages within a health care environment
- Group health and dental benefits for full time employees and pay in lieu of benefits for part time or temporary employees
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – HOOPP
- Centralized Education Fund
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounted Parking
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, Operating Room and PACU/Day Surgery, the successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Secondary school diploma
- Completion of the Operating Room Attendant program or enrolled and scheduled to complete within three (3) months
- Current Basic CPR
- Experience working in an Operating Room environment an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with little or no supervision
- Demonstrates commitment to exceptional customer service with patients, families, staff, colleagues and community partners
- Motivated and demonstrated positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Sound judgement and time management skills
- Able to handle all physical demands: This position involves extensive physical effort for more than 80% of the shift including walking, standing, lifting, pushing, pulling of equipment and carts, and use of ladders.
- Able to work all shifts including holidays and weekends if required
- Mature, reliable individual with excellent attendance record
- Responsible for maintaining, cleaning and enhancing the patient environment
- Responsible for the safe transportation of patients, goods and service; supply control and distribution, and maintenance related duties as well as limited patient related duties, in accordance to established policy and procedures
- Performs cleaning functions that are repetitive and specialized in nature
- Performs project work on a scheduled basis to comply with environmental standards and in compliance with hospital's Routine Precaution Procedures, Safety and W.H.M.I.S
- Provides support to the clinical team as required to enhance patient focused care.
Primary Responsibilities also include:
Safety (patient, worker & workplace) is a BCHS Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
Explore this unique opportunity by forwarding your resume & cover letter to email@example.com
The Brant Community Healthcare System (BCHS) is an equal opportunity employer. The BCHS is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, the BCHS provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Apply to this job