A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Grp Inc.
Analyst II Business Information Systems
The Business Information Systems Analyst II is responsible for activities related to the selection, design, implementation, support, and maintenance of business information systems supporting the business activities of Bronson Healthcare. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and 2 years of successful progressive experience in the use or support of information systems required
Experience with HRIS systems, Document Management systems, and/or financial systems required
Certification or progress toward certification completion may be required dependent on an
individual's specific position.
CPHIMS (Certified Professional in Health Information and Management Systems) is preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work with end users to determine software specifications, hardware requirements, and process improvement workflows
• Ability to create system documentation, project plans, test scripts and education materials
• General familiarity of end user business practices, concepts, terminology sufficient to support the applications in a healthcare delivery environment
• Good customer service skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Must be able to interact with customers from various levels in the organization to gather the information necessary to understand, address, and document their data needs
• Must consistently negotiate and act on deliverables and timeframes with stakeholders, take ownership of issues, and respond to issues within expected timeframes
• Expected to demonstrate basic leadership skills
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Support, participate and in some cases may lead or co-lead in the research, planning, installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrade of applicable systems and be able to obtain sign off from system owners for change related activities.
• Corrects routine and non-routine computer malfunctions or works with other IT staff and System Coordinators to correct individual problem situations and restore service.
• Develops and maintains collegial relationships with all System Coordinators and IT staff as relates to systems in area of responsibility.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the information systems field and evaluates developments for applicability or incorporation into existing applications
• Evaluates systems, processing, and development needs and recommends additional equipment, new systems, custom solutions and additional reports either operational or ad-hoc where appropriate.
• Resolves or ensures proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
• Supports and maintains the technical literature library and the related system.
• May serve as technical subject matter expert for one or more business application and may be a mentor for other analysts.
• When appropriate, lead or co-lead system activities and projects as assigned. Coordinate all activities and internal/external resources as needed.
• Collaborate with the information systems manager, the lead analyst or other senior analysts in evaluation of development efforts, in planning pilot, and full, implementations of new systems and/or new features, and in processing user feedback and requests.
• Maintain a detailed understanding and working knowledge of the current business information systems, their functions and their relationship to other Bronson information systems.
• Participate and in some cases may lead or co-lead in the process of revising and implementing changes in both the automated and manual components of the business information systems.
• Provide and in some cases may lead or co-lead proactive user support of the business information systems, working with the System Coordinators and business leadership by providing education, application capabilities, recommending best practices while troubleshooting issues and problems as they arise.
• Establish and foster a working relationship with vendors in order to support applications, be able to escalate issues for timely resolution and be able to confirm compatibility with operating systems, security systems and other related interacting systems.
• Participate and in some cases may lead in systems analysis and research related to business information systems.
• Participates and in some cases may lead or co-lead in the preparation and authoring of supporting documentation, instruction manuals, and audit trails of program changes in accordance with systems and programming standards.
• Participate in an on-call rotation schedule.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1451 Information Technology Data Center (BHG)
Apply on company website