A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BHG Bronson Healthcare Group
Analyst II Clinical Info Sys
The Epic Clinical Information Systems Analyst II is responsible for activities related to the selection, design, implementation, support, and maintenance of clinical information systems supporting the patient care activities of Bronson Healthcare Group. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Bachelor's degree (preferred), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
2 years of successful progressive experience in using or supporting the area information systems required
Current clinical licensing and/or certification (or progress toward certification completion)
Applicable Epic application certification (e.g. Inpatient, Ambulatory, etc.) required or must
complete certification within 6 months of hire.
CPHIMS preferred, but not required
• Working knowledge of healthcare operations in inpatient and/or ambulatory setting
• Experience supporting clinical information system applications
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work with end users to determine software specifications, hardware requirements, and process improvement workflows
• Ability to create system documentation, project plans, test scripts and education materials
• General familiarity of end user business practices, concepts, terminology sufficient to support the applications in a healthcare delivery environment
• Comprehensive working knowledge of application analysis, design, build, deployment, modification, enhancement, support as well as troubleshooting techniques.
• Working knowledge of project management methodology, change control, quality and system performance methods and metrics.
• Ability to lead small projects to completion with positive success metrics
• Good customer service skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Must be able to interact with customers from various levels in the organization to gather the information necessary to understand, address, and document their data needs
• Must consistently negotiate and act on deliverables and timeframes with stakeholders, take ownership of issues, and respond to issues within expected timeframes
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Support and participate in the research, planning, installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrade of applicable systems. Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data needs.
• Corrects routine and non-routine computer malfunctions or works with other IT staff, Department Users, System Coordinators and Vendors to correct individual problem situations and restore service.
• Develops and maintains collegial relationships and regular communication with all Department Users, System Coordinators, IT staff and Vendors as relates to systems in area of responsibility
• Understand the choices involved in application specifications
• Investigate and analyze end user preferences and business operations while making build decisions
• Analyze new application functionality in releases to determine how it could be used
• Develop and document internal procedures to use in conjunction with the applications
• Work with report writers to ensure that the application has the necessary reports.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the information systems and communications field and evaluates developments for applicability or incorporation into existing applications.
• Evaluates systems, processing, and development needs and recommends additional equipment or new systems.
• Resolves or ensures proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
• Implements and manages procedures to monitor capacity planning including disk utilization, CPU utilization and throughput; implements and documents performance tuning changes.
• Supports and maintains the technical literature library and the related system.
• Serves as multiple subject matter expert and mentor for other analysts.
• When appropriate, lead or co-lead system activities as assigned.
• Participate in the planning, development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of clinical information systems. Maintain a current understanding of the processes involved in these activities.
• Collaborate with information technology, customer and vendor teams in the evaluation of development efforts, in planning the pilot and full implementation of new systems and/or new features, and in processing user feedback and requests.
• Maintain a detailed understanding and working knowledge of the current clinical information systems, their functions, and their relationship to other Bronson information systems.
• Participate in the process of revising and implementing changes in both the automated and manual components of the clinical information systems.
• Provide proactive user support of the clinical information systems, working with the System Coordinators, Physician Informaticist, Nurse Informaticists, and clinical leadership.
• Participate in systems analysis and research related to clinical information systems.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1451 Information Technology Data Center (BHG)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website