A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
APP Maternal Fetal Medicine
Bronson Maternal Fetal Medicine in Kalamazoo, MI is seeking a NP or PA-C to join their established group of four MFM's. The practice is a growing, primarily consultative service that includes five sonographers, a genetic counselor and a diabetes education team. Responsibilities will include; providing prenatal visits for some high risk obstetrical patients, postpartum exams, inpatient postpartum visits, and administrative duties (including patient care scheduling and coordination and communication with referring providers). Prior experience with diabetes in pregnancy is desired. The practice is open M-F 8a.m. – 4:30p.m.
Bronson Methodist Hospital and Bronson Maternal-Fetal Medicine are committed to providing outstanding medical care and an exceptional patient experience.
Thanks to the efforts of more than 8,000 employees and our 1,000+ member medical staff, Bronson is ranked among the best healthcare organizations in the nation for quality, safety, service, and patient, provider and staff engagement.
Bronson Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Homer Stryker WMed School of Medicine. The MFM Division is actively involved in medical student and Ob/Gyn resident education.
The community is family friendly with an abundance of activities including festivals, fine arts, and sporting opportunities; a vibrant downtown with easy access to smaller communities; and excellent public and private schools. A variety of theatre venues, the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra, and the Kalamazoo Institute of Art enhance quality of life. Access to outdoor activities abound, including many public and private golf courses, trails for biking, running, and cross-country skiing. Beautiful Lake Michigan is only 45 minutes away.
Interested Candidates please email Hilary Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org
Works in collaboration with the physician to deliver services based on patient and family needs. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
- Master's degree (MSN or MS in Nursing) and 2 years of recent clinical experience related to area of practice required
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Current RN licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse in specialty area of practice. Must maintain all requirements for medical staff privileges.
- Must be able to operate and perform basic computer programs associated with documentation and record keeping in the department
- Must possess effective interpersonal relationship and communication skills that are applied to multiple group interactions
- Communicates clearly and efficiently both verbally and in writing Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
- Establishes medical diagnoses for common short term and chronic stable health problems; orders and evaluates diagnostic studies; performs and monitors therapeutic procedures (sutures, incision and drainage, IV's, casting & splinting); assesses and/or manages follow up plans.
- Prescribes and regulates medications per written physician agreed upon protocols.
- Records and documents health appraisal data necessary to maintain coordinate and/or expedite required services and meet clinic's policy.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for time management, cost outcomes, professional relationships, and interpersonal interactions.
- Acts as a resource to health care staff and/or implements educations programs to improve management of patients/families.
- Develops, conducts and/or evaluates formal or informal in-service and continuing education programs in area(s) of expertise.
- Maintains and enhances a current level of knowledge relative to professional practices as well as continuing education requirements necessary for licensure.
- Support research by defining clinical research questions, participating, and conducting research in practice specialty, and/or incorporating findings into practice.
- Collaborate with physician as necessary to provide appropriate plan of care.
- Refer patients to appropriate physicians and community resources for consultations (i.e., therapy, specialists, and social resources).
- Provide emergency care within ACLS and or BLS guidelines.
- Actively participates in continuing education, professional memberships and other scholarly and community outreach and marketing activities to enhance the NP role and image of nursing in all aspects of patient, community, and professional relations.
- Observe state regulations and professional ethics applicable to advanced nursing practice.
- Participates in the development and the annual review of the clinic's written policies, procedures and protocols.
- The Nurse Practitioner participates in process improvement activities as appropriate to the practice environment.
- The Nurse Practitioner uses the results of the process improvement activities to initiate changes in practice and/or practice environment.
- Contributes to an environment conducive to the professional education of colleagues as appropriate.
- The Nurse Practitioner maintains and promotes patient confidentiality.
- The Nurse Practitioner delivers care in a manner that preserves/protects patient autonomy, dignity, and rights.
- The Nurse Practitioner acts as a client advocate.
- Promotes quality nursing care through the utilization and/or conduct of research in nursing practice, standard setting, peer review, evaluation of care and outcomes, and the provision of formal and informal education opportunities.
- Adheres to the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Maintains privileged access to the unit medication room(s) for stocking and/or retrieving supplies.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission, values and customer service standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Maintains a safe workplace by keeping work area free of hazards and correcting and/or properly reporting any safety hazards.
- Uses correct body positioning, proper body mechanics to avoid injury, utilizes safe work practices (e.g. pushing vs. pulling, patient transfer/lifting devices, etc.) and uses personal protective equipment when necessary
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8600 Bronson Maternal Fetal Medicine (BMH)
Apply on company website