A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek, BLH Bronson LakeView Hospital, BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Cardiovascular Sonographer - PRN - BMH/BBC/BLH
Under general supervision and according to established procedures, conducts echocardiograms producing two dimensional ultrasonic recordings and Doppler flow analyses of heart and related structures for use by physician in diagnosis of heart and peripheral vascular disease. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Cardiovascular services sonographer position with variable start times and weekend/holiday/call rotation per department needs.
This position will primarily be at BMH but must be available to float to our Battle Creek and Bronson Lakeview locations.
College level courses in the field of Vasculr Ultrasound with extensive technical training/experience in anatomy and disease; Associates Degree; or Bachlelors Degree in Vascular Ultrasound from an accredited college preferred
Required registration (RVT or RVS) credentials obtained within four months of hire
Required registration (RDCS or RCS) credentials obtained within one year for new graduates of
a cardiac testing program who are currently employed and within one year from the start
date of training for individuals who are cross-training (Some positions may require
registration prior to hire)
BLS required upon hire or within 6 months
• Must have basic PC skills to operate the database and office programs used in the department
• Must be able to work and communicate with all managers, employees, physicians, and customers with which Cardiovascular Services Department does business
• Must be able to work well within a small work group which includes: communication effectively with team members, assertively handling conflict, diplomatically resolving issues, participating in problem-solving
• Must treat everyone in a professional manner Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves regu larly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
• Perform transesophageal echo, stress echo and transthoracic echocardiograms on patients of all ages in critical and non-critical settings. Assure requested procedure correlates with the patient's clinical history and symptoms. Ensure the clinical indication is appropriate for the test ordered. Must be able to recognize abnormalities and obtain additional images as needed for diagnosis and treatment. • Performs all tests according to established laboratory protocols and guidelines, documenting any exceptions to the protocols.
• Familiarizes patient with test to be performed and preparation for the test; obtains any relevant information from the patient and available clinical records.
• Adjusts equipment controls in accordance to diagnostic information requested and moves transducer, by hand, over patient's cardiac windows, observes ultrasound display screen, and listens to Doppler signals to acquire data for measurement of blood flow velocities.
• Differentiates artifacts from anatomic/pathologic structures and adjusts equipment accordingly; recognizes the significance of all structures that are visualized. Measures the appropriate echocardiogram structures as indicated.
• Measures cardiac wall thicknesses and chamber sizes and keys commands into computer to measure thicknesses and chamber sizes of heart, and compares measurement to standard norms to identify abnormalities in accordance to laboratory protocols.
• Measures blood flow velocities and calculates data such as cardiac physiology and valve areas for evaluation of cardiac function for physician interpretation per protocol.
• Documents and successfully transmits pertinent diagnostic and patient data into digital archive system, according to policy and procedure of Cardio Vascular services department. Ensure that all documentation is timely, accurate and complete. Upon assessment of the examination findings, recognize the need for an urgent notification of critical findings to the appropriate healthcare provider.
• Maintain a safe work environment. Implements department/hospital policies for environmental safety, equipment maintenance standards and equipment operation standards.
• Maintains professional credentials that are specific to current practicing discipline. Completes required echo specific CME's that are needed to maintain professional credentials and adhere to accrediting body standards IAC
. • Participates in ongoing departmental QA process. Assists in the collection and correlation of data to ensure overall accuracy for accreditation.
Keeps current in professional knowledge of vascular and/or cardiac disease.
• Performs minor preventive maintenance on equipment and cleans and stocks labs.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
3701 Cardiovascular Ultrasound (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website