A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Dietetic Assistant- Bronson Battle Creek, PRN
The Diet Office Associate is responsible for offering and assisting patients and patient families with meal ordering using the Room Service computer application according to the physician's diet order, answering the Bronson Room Service phone line, offering and assisting with snack orders for all diabetic patients, sending diet brochures and menus to new patients when appropriate, updating and entering patient's diet information in the Room Service computer application, filing dietary requisitions, paging registered dietitians for consults and billing for guest trays. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
1 year related experience required.
• Must be able to communicate (verbally and in writing) in English with departmental staff and customers.
• Must have demonstrated organization and communication skills.
• Must be PC oriented.
• Demonstrated telephone and customer service skills necessary.
Work which is constantly and exceptionally tiring mentally and/or visually. Conditions exist more than 90% of the work time.
Job definitely requires high levels of strength and/or stamina to regularly lift weights up to 100 pounds and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
• Heads and checks patient menus according to the Physician order, diet manual and Clinical Dietitian recommendations.
• Adjusts nourishment request according to the patient's request and diet order.
• Answers incoming calls from patients regarding daily menu and options.
• Tallies menu items daily after orders have been placed so staff can meet product demands.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1600 Food Services (BBC)
Apply on company website