A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
EEG/Neurodiagnostics Tech PRN
Conducts electroencephalographic (EEG) and other neurodiagnostic tests as qualified. This is an entry-level position in Neurodiagnostics with the employee learning and moving from EEGs to more complex tests. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years of experience in the hospital or elsewhere to learn EEG and begin learning other neurodiagnostic tests performed at Bronson (EEG, EMG, Evoked Potential, IOM, and Polysomnographic); or an equivalent combination of education and experience including formal technical training.
If no previous EEG experience, prefer some healthcare background such as an EKG Technician and Patient Care Assistant.
Registry eligible technologist must receive registration within two years of the Neurodiagnostic department hire date. Must be certified/registered in at least one area of Neurodiagnostics within two years of hire date.
BLS required within six months of hire
• Ability to operate a Personal Computer and basic computer programs used in the department
• Must demonstrate excellent human relation skills to deal with patients, physicians and other in sometimes difficult or sensitive situation, including verbal and written communication, problem solving and assertiveness.
• Must have a customer service orientation.
• Must demonstrate leadership and organization skills including the ability to work independently and take initiative within established procedures.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Greets patients, escorts patients to testing room and explains the examination process and procedures.
• Conducts electroencephalograms (EEGs) to measure electrical activity of brain waves and conducts evoked potential response tests for use in diagnosis of brain and nervous system disorders.
*Measures patient's head and other body parts and marks points where electrodes are to be placed.
*Attaches electrodes to predetermined locations, and verifies functioning of electrodes and recording instrument.
*Operates recording instruments (EEG and evoked potentials) and supplemental equipment, choosing settings for optimal viewing of nervous system.
*Records montage (electrode combination) and instrument settings.
-Observes and notes patient's behavior during test to detect and eliminate from consideration all artifacts that may effect results; Monitors for loose or faulty electrodes and reapplies or replaces as necessary.
-Studies wave characteristics during test to detect possible evidence of brain disorders and may mark graph accordingly for study by physician or neurologist.
*Conducts visual, auditory, and somatosensory evoked potential response tests to measure latency of response to stimuli.
*Writes identifying information on completed tracing, studies tracing to detect and note evidence not noted during test and prepares a summary report to assist physician in diagnosis of brain disorders.
*Performs other physiological tests such as electrocardiograms, and ambulatory electroencephalograms.
*When experienced monitors patient during surgery, using EEG or evoked potential instrument.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
3750 Neurodiagnostics (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website