A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek, BBC Bronson Battle Creek Fieldstone Center
Environmental Services - Battle Creek - All Shifts
Full-time, Part-time, and PRN Positions are available. PRN positions are not benefits eligible.
All shifts are 8 1/2 hours.
1st Shift starts at 7a or 7:30a.
2nd Shift starts between the hours of 1p and 5p.
3rd Shift starts at 11p.
Every other weekend and 3 out of 6 holidays per year required.
Under supervision of the environmental services manager, the environmental service associate maintains environmental and infection control standards within established policies and procedures of the health care facility. Assignments include cleaning of patient rooms, occupied and unoccupied, public areas, surgical areas as well as additional areas as assigned, stocking of supplies, and cleaning and maintaining equipment. Provides service to both internal and external customers and follow standard practices and procedures that comply with regulatory requirements. Receives working instructions, and work is frequently audited for accuracy and compliance with standards of quality. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
(BBC only) Michigan driver's license and insurability may be required
• Ability to work independently.
• Must be able to communicate (verbally and in writing) in English with departmental staff and internal and external customers.
• Must possess interpersonal skills that represent Bronson Methodist Hospital in a positive and professional manner.
• Must exhibit excellent customer service skills, thoroughness and time management skills..
• Must be able to comfortably accept delegation and negotiate task priorities.
Work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to 40 percent of the time. Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
- Performs most duties while standing, sitting, and/or walking. Lifts and/or pushes supplies and equipment. Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching, is required to perform many job duties. Ability to work while standing on a stepladder at a height of four feet is required. Occasional exposure to risk of injury when working with electrical equipment. Must be able to walk stairs when necessary. Good balance is required when performing all duties. The employee is occasionally required to work in confined spaces and occupied areas. May experience occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries. May be called upon to handle emergency or crisis situations. Required protecting clothing may include gloves, eye protection, face protection, and shoe covers.
• Performs all cleaning functions involved in daily general cleaning and maintaining of patient rooms, operating rooms and ancillary areas, patient related areas, and departmental general areas following the system's ten steps of cleaning as defined in the Environmental Services Department Manual.
(For BBC & BLH ONLY - may do laundry)
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations per CDC, OSHA, the EPA, Joint Commission and policies, procedures and standards necessary for role.
• Follows all isolation procedures in isolation and contact plus rooms
• Detail clean vents, fan fixtures, tops of windows, door frames, wall art, bumpers, furniture and other areas as necessary
• Cleans public areas; lobbies, waiting rooms, rest rooms, elevators, utility rooms, exam rooms, offices, stairwells, and other areas assigned
• Collects and replaces all sharps and black pharmacy box containers in patient care areas.
- Documents and maintains records of assigned cleaning tasks.
- Restocking of supplies in assigned areas as needed.
- Communicates information and requests as appropriate to the registered nurse and/or patient care assistant.
- Communicate and provide exceptional service to patients, staff, families and visitors.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit data per HIPPA regulations.
- Removes trash and soiled linen from assigned areas and transports to disposal area.
- Keeps work areas neat and orderly, cleans equipment and assists with other duties as assigned.
- May operate mechanical floor equipment such as IMops, vacuums, sweepers and other related environmental equipment.
- Cleans equipment and stores in assigned locations.
- Direct visitors as necessary.
- May collect trays from patient rooms.
- Coordinates activities related to cleaning area with department coordinator as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for own growth and development; attends regular staff meetings.
- Actively participates and supports the Bronson Management System by attending huddles and adopting the problem solving methods.
- Operates ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment (Surfacide UV Robot). *BBC Only
- All other duties as assigned which may include the use of the trash compactor, and emptying trash and linen chutes.
BMH Lab Specific:
- Collect, label and organize all Biomedical Waste for pick up by the waste hauler.
- Collect, transport and take all recycling to compactor or comingle dumpster.
- Transport waste to appropriate compactor or outside dumpster as needed.
- Change privacy curtains where needed.
- Round, inspect and maintain all assigned areas within scope of facility. Areas to include but not limited to: Lab work areas, offices, restrooms, waiting areas, patient procedure rooms, stairwells, receiving dock, ambulatory storage, EVS closets, BIO storage rooms, recycling areas inside and outside, elevator landing, elevator's inside and out, elevator tracks.
- Proper use of and maintenance of all assigned floor care machinery. Machinery to include but not limited to: auto scrubbers, corded and battery powered vacuums, iMop, burnishers and side by side scrubbers.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website