A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BCOM Bronson Commons
Geriatrician Medical Director
Medical Director Opportunity – Bronson Commons Mattawan, MI
Bronson Healthcare Group in Kalamazoo, Michigan, is seeking to hire a Board Certified MD/DO Geriatrician, Internist, or Family Medicine Physician to work in our Skilled Nursing Facility Program. Main duties will include admitting and rounding at Bronson Commons Skilled Nursing Facility in Mattawan as well as providing clinical oversite as the Medical Director. Physician will collaborate with nurse practitioners covering area skilled nursing facilities in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek overseeing the medical care of our patients after hospital transfers. Physician will make the first admission visit, routine Medicare required visits, and help NP's with more complex patients as needed. This position will be M-F 8a-5p and will require call rotation for the entire Post-Acute SNF rounding program shared with the team.
Bronson offers a full range of services from primary care to advanced critical care. We're also locally owned and governed. With a workforce of more than 8,100, we're one of the area's largest employers. And our physicians and staff are nationally recognized for many exceptional achievements in quality, safety and service.
Kalamazoo, Michigan is the home of Western Michigan University, and is located within a two-hour drive of both Chicago and Detroit, with the Great Lakes just an hour away. Southwestern Michigan features a four-season climate, promoting biking, skiing, and numerous other sports and recreational activities year round.
Physician will be hospital employed with a competitive salary, relocation assistance and sign-on bonus. Comprehensive benefits include licensure and credentialing dues, lucrative CME stipend and 5 paid CME days, 30 days PTO per year, 403b with employer matching, dental/vision/medical insurance, discounted athletic club memberships, and much more.
Interested Candidates please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Physicians are responsible for diagnosing illnesses and prescribing as well as administering treatment for patients suffering from disease or illness. They also examine patients in addition to obtaining medical histories. Other job responsibilities include ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests in addition to counseling patients regarding preventive healthcare, hygiene and diet. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Medical degree and 2 years of direct or intern experience required
Current Medical License in the state of Michigan
Current DEA and DPS Certificate of Registration
Must maintain all requirements for medical staff privileges
• Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
• Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
• Performs in a tactful and professional manner
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs
• Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
• Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs
• Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
• Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care
• Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
• Orders studies, test and ancillary services
• Documents all services in patient medical record
• Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
• Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
• Participates in process improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements
• Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
• Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
• Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission, values and customer service standards.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
2605 Geriatric Medical Service (BMH)
Apply on company website