A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Imaging Services Assistant I
The Imaging Services Assistant provides support in the operation of the Radiology department. Under general supervision, and according to established procedures, and depending upon area(s) of expertise and assignment, the Imaging Services Assistant is responsible for maintaining record flow, patient flow, and maintenance of Radiology computers, equipment, and computer applications. The Imaging Services Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer services to the Bronson organization. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, Associate's degree preferred, or comparable work experience.
Radiology or healthcare experience required.
BLS certification within the past two years or within six months of hire.
• Computer knowledge including but not limited to hardware and applications
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Ability to work with end users to determine application, hardware, communication, and workflow needs
• Attention to detail.
• Familiarity of end user business practices, to support the applications and workflows in a healthcare delivery environment.
• Excellent telephone presence and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Monitor and control Radiology computer environment (application and hardware) according to daily workflows.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Scans system wide radiology records in EPIC and PACS daily.
• Retrieves system wide records as requested by department from outside facilities.
• Assist patient care staff if necessary (transport, lift assistance, help with family etc.)
• Provides patient and office information regarding any pretest procedures, instructions for arrival time and parking.
• Prepare exam system wide for mailing (i.e. imaging CDs, legal cases, loan outs, imported CDs into PACS system, etc.).
• Records accurate patient and test information from end users for radiologist, staff, radiology managers, etc.
• Corrects routine and non-routine computer malfunctions or works with PACS team to correct individual problems situations.
• Escalates issues to management or PACS team to accommodate end user's needs.
• Prepares documentation for system wide protocoling for CT, MR, and PET/CT and prepares additional system safety documents for MR
• Utilizes appropriate problem-solving skills when responding to customer inquiries.
• Answers multi-line telephones and accurately records requests from end users.
• Audits system wide outstanding (not Final) exams in EPIC daily and exam turnaround times
• Transports film jackets between Bronson campuses and onsite storage locations.
• Assists physicians in retrieving computer images on the PACS computer system.
• Import CDs into the PACS system for routine exams, trauma/ER, and inpatient workflow.
• Utilizes BHG's legacy applications to obtain exam and report information.
• Monitors and manages the flow of paperwork to and from radiologists' reading area.
• Prepares and monitors system wide ER and “read and call” exams to insure they are read and reported in a timely manner (requires communication with ER and radiologists).
• Prioritizes workflow according to department procedures to be sure high priority tests are managed first.
• Communicates system wide critical result workflow with radiologist and referring physician.
• Performs basic equipment maintenance daily and performs daily task on Radiology applications.
• Determine phone customer needs, and appropriately route phone calls.
• Prepares huddle boards for department huddles.
• Schedules patients as needed within departments (thoracentesis, MR sedations, inpatient add ons, paracentesis, etc.)
• Keep records of daily changes made to the patient schedule: which patients are done on a specific MRI unit, now shows, cancellations, incomplete exams, etc.
• Assists with Claustrophobic, sick, or any other type of patient need during an exam and assists nursing staff with IV insertion and holding patients during sedation
• Conducts initial screening interviews of patients to provide documentation to provider appropriateness of MRI service (i.e. implants, orbits, medical history). Notes outlier concerns to providers of service.
• Order supplies as needed for the department and stock supplies/linens.
• Records patient data required by the Michigan Department of Consumer and Industry Services.
• Require patient to sign the Consent to Treat Form and Bronson Health Care Group's Notice of Private Practices Form when necessary.
• Rescheduling system wide callbacks and notify management and billing of call backs.
• Clean procedure rooms and equipment as needed
• Prepare the necessary paper work for the Cardiologists.
• Follow proper radiation safety rules/protection.
• Call the Patient Transport department and report which patients are ready to return to their room.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
3125 Imaging Services (BLH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website