A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BSH Bronson South Haven
Indoor Cycling Instructor
Provide safe, effective and enjoyable group exercise classes which follow class type format at the appropriate intensity level and by teaching progress/recession (giving options of intensity levels). Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
2-3 years related experience and/or training preferred
Must be certified or registered in appropriate discipline (American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Group exercise, etc.)
BLS preferred for Wellness Center
• Must provide safe, effective and enjoyable group exercise classes.
• Ability to communicate, organize, and motivate people as a group.
• Must be able to conduct safe and motivating classes that starts and ends on time.
• Must always teach be able to teach progression/recessions classes so that all our members/guest feel successful.
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
• Demonstrates a genuine interest in and dedication to improving the health and fitness level of members.
• Issues break to lifeguard on duty if properly certified to do so. Must have lifeguard certification. (Aquatics)
• Remains courteous and friendly to members at all times (greets members by name whenever possible).
• Arrives to class prepared to instruct and stays after classes to answer member questions or concerns.
• Conducts safe and motivating classes that start and end on time.
• Teaches progression/recession classes so that all our members/guests are successful.
• Abides by industry standards for appropriate music volume.
• Provides proper care for all aerobic equipment. This includes straightening group-X (aerobic) studios after classes. Must complete and hand in equipment check list after each class and reports any broken or malfunctioning equipment and places in the appropriate file for the Manager of Group Exercise to review.
• Records statistics (number of class participants attending your class) by documenting them on the appropriate stat sheet after each class.
• Logs hours worked after each class.
• Remains well groomed and wears appropriate fitness attire. The Group Exercise Instructor serves as a role model by maintaining or improving personal fitness level.
• Holds knowledge of and abides by the substitution guidelines and minimizes the use of substitutes. Substitutes for other teammates whenever possible. Always notifies the Manager of Group Exercise regarding substitute coverage.
• Attends all club team meetings and Group Exercise team meetings/training sessions. Must attend at least two out of the four annual meetings.
• Maintains current required certifications.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
2727 Administration - General (BSH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website