A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Bronson Gastroenterology is seeking a BE/BC Gastroenterologist who performs ERCP. The group's unique hospitalist type model allows physician to focus on inpatient care with opportunity to build an outpatient practice, if desired. The opportunity is a 3/4/3 model, 3 days on, 1 week off, and 4 days on, 1 week off - rotating with one other hospitalist. The Hospitalist GI team provides call 24/7 and is assisted by excellent APP coverage Monday – Friday. This is an employed position offering a competitive salary, paid malpractice w/ tail, generous paid time off and CME, along w/ full comprehensive benefits. Opportunity for academic appointment exists with Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
Bronson, a tertiary and teaching hospital serving patients and families throughout southwest Michigan and northern Indiana, offers a full range of services from primary care to advanced critical care and is a verified Level I Trauma Center. With a workforce of more than 9,000, we're one of the area's largest employers and our physicians and staff are nationally recognized for many exceptional achievements in quality, safety and service: Magnet Hospital for Nursing (2009-2022); Outstanding Patient Experience Award from Healthgrades (2009-2019); Governor's Award of Excellence (2019).
Located halfway between Chicago and Detroit, the area offers diverse cultural opportunities affordable real estate, major focus on education and a variety of year-round family attractions, events and festivals. Abundant natural resources, including easy access to Lake Michigan, make it the perfect choice for biking, boating and skiing. Our local area is also home to several international companies including Stryker, Pfizer and Kellogg.
Medical degree and 2 years of direct or intern experience required
Current Medical License in the state of Michigan
Current DEA and DPS Certificate of Registration
Must maintain all requirements for medical staff privileges
• Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
• Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
• Performs in a tactful and professional manner
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs
• Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
• Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs
• Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
• Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care
• Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
• Orders studies, test and ancillary services
• Documents all services in patient medical record
• Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
• Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
• Participates in process improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements
• Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
• Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
• Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission, values and customer service standards.
12 Hour Day Shift
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8021 Bronson Gastroenterology Portage (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website