A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BAH Bronson at Home
Coordinates schedule of services and programs offered by Bronson at Home Oxygen and Medical supplies. Performs clerical and tasks related to billing, collections, and third-party claims. Reviews, qualifies, and processes customer orders. Completes and maintains customer records in accordance with agency policy. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
Past medical related and/or retail sales experience preferred
Experience with HME sales, customer service, billing and/or medical supplies preferred
• Exceptional computer skills in spread sheets and financial data entry
• Ability to make independent decisions within guidelines of Bronson at Home, Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payors
• Strong public relations and communications skills
• Must have the desire to improve the quality of life for all customers
• Treats internal and external customers with respect on the phone or one on one, is responsive to external customer concerns
• Communicates to client pertinent company services and billing information
• Confers with HME team, referral intake, clinicians, patients, and suppliers in support of reimbursement coverage
• Receives and coordinates telephone calls and related communications
• Approaches all communications promptly, compatibly and enthusiastically
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
• Confirms insurance coverage and reimbursement for patients.
• Confirms that the patient signature and appropriate forms are completed.
• Transcribes patient information accurately.
• Maintains a current knowledge and proper utilization of equipment and computers.
• Implements suggestions made for improved performance.
• Complies with Bronson and Bronson at Home policies and procedures, i.e. promptness, appearance, confidentiality, timely completion of assignments, etc.
• Provides services in accordance with TJC and other third party regulations.
• Within the framework of this job description exhibits understanding of, and compliance with, Conditions of Participation, HIPAA, TJC standards, intermediary regulations, and other appropriate legal and regulatory codes.
• Receives orders for services and supplies.
• Is able to prioritize workload.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Participates in problem resolution.
• As required, participates in client education and delivery of equipment and supplies.
• Faxes/disperses physician orders to appropriate team members.
• Submits accurate and complete documentation.
• Investigates and advises patients regarding reimbursement.
• Facilitates safe and confidential transfer of referral information to Bronson business units.
• Directs the flow of paper work to the proper destination.
• Maintains and respects confidentiality of client, employee and corporate information.
• Willingly accepts new assignments and challenges and continues to perform effectively.
• Works with the Manager to ensure attainment of corporate goals and objectives as they relate to HME operations.
• Uses a professional approach in all contacts, i.e. public, co-workers, clients, etc.
• Remains sensitive to fellow workers needs as they related to the job.
• Seeks assistance of Manager with problems.
• Gives and accepts constructive criticism aimed at improving the operation.
• Recognizes and communicates to the Manager potential disruptive situations between HME and any of the referral sources.
• Schedules and takes PTO in ways supportive to agency needs and plans for accomplishment of key tasks when off.
• Appropriate dress, appearance and care of clothing as required.
• Strives to carry out the mission, purpose and goals of Bronson.
• Responsible for not engaging in activities outside of this job description and schedule of assignments which would represent a conflict of interest with any Bronson affiliate.
• Recognizes and reacts to potential situations that could lead to a disruption in the HME operation. Analyzes, interprets, recommends and makes decisions leading to resolution.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
3754 Bronson Sleep and Respiratory Services- Kalamazoo (BAH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website