A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek, BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Interventional Radiology Technologist
Under general supervision, performs the full range of duties required to assist the radiologists during special invasive and non-invasive radiographic scans and performs a diverse range of other diagnostic radiology work on a wide variety of patients.
Associates degree from an accredited school of Radiologic Technology and up to one year of additional training and experience and meet department/section orientation and competency standards.
Registered ARRT. BMH Employees Only: VI registry required within 4 years of hire into special procedures department or from date of notice. BLS required within 6 months after hire. A 30-minute response time is required for rotational call purposes.
Must be able to operate and perform basic computer programs associated with record keeping in the Department. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a clean, well lighted & temperature controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Has the potential to be exposed to infectious diseases and hazardous material. Observation of normal safety procedures minimizes exposure.
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
- Must demonstrate excellent human relation skills to deal with patients, physicians and other in sometimes difficult or sensitive situation, including verbal and written communication, problem solving and assertiveness.
- Must have a customer service orientation.
- Must demonstrate leadership and organization skills including the ability to work independently and take initiative within established procedures. Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Can suture in tubes after proper training and proof of competency.
- Receives or escorts patients into examination area; reviews pertinent patient information; instructs patient concerning the examination to be performed.
- Prepares and calibrates equipment for procedure to be performed.
- Assists Radiologists during all special procedure studies (i.e., angiograms, vena cavagrams, etc.) to provide optimal Diagnostic/Special Radiology examinations.
- In consultation with the Radiologists performs dyna computerized tomography (CT) scans on any and all parts of the body as ordered by the physician.
- Operates highly sophisticated electronic equipment during exams, observing patient vital signs and other pertinent data and anticipating the needs of the physician.
- Administers or assists in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals under the direction of the Radiologist.
- Works as a Radiologic Technologist in other radiology sections as workload requires..
- Work may be performed in Radiology Department or other hospital areas as necessary to accommodate patient/physician needs.
- Operates all equipment properly and with care and regularly performs maintenance and quality control work. Immediately reports any malfunctions, necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Performs first aid as required and assists in cases of adverse reaction to contrast media or in other emergencies.
- Observes and practices sterile technique and prevents cross-contamination of contagious diseases.
- Maintains cleanliness of procedure rooms and equipment.
- Maintains accurate documentation of patient and file information.
- Maintains appropriate supply level in their areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates or oversees the on the job training for student technologists and other non- professional assistants as assigned.
- Additional duties may be assigned at BBC IR and BMH Cath Lab as needs arise.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
3104 Radiology Special Procedures (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website