A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BLIRC Bronson Lifestyle Improvement & Research Center
Lifeguard - PRN
The lifeguard monitors the aquatic environment and enforces facility rules. Must be attentive, demonstrate proactive risk management, and provide excellent customer service. Responds to emergencies within scope of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding training program and BAC Emergency Action Plan. Facilitates group, team or private swimming lesson activities. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Effective December 1, 2013, Lifeguards must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Nationally recognized lifeguarding certificate required within 90 days of hire. I.e. American Red Cross, YMCA or Ellis required (this includes First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications).
- Must be able to perform all rescues and pre-requisite skills required per the American Red Cross Pool Lifeguarding training program.
- Must be able to swim 300 yards continuously, tread water for 2 minutes without use of arms and swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10 pound object from a depth of 7-10 feet and return to starting position.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in communicating facility rules to members and patrons.
- Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time. Involves regularly lifting bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
- Monitors the aquatic environment and maintains patron safety as per Bronson Athletic Club policy and State Health Code.
- Performs opening/closing tasks and other duties as required by Bronson Athletic Club including, but not limited to, measuring and recording free chlorine content levels in pools, hot tubs, and cold plunges as well as assisting in the annual shut down.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
2718 Aquatics - Lifeguards (BLIRC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website