A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Medical Assistant- BBC Cancer Center
Working under provider and/or nursing direction, provides clerical support to the Cancer Center. Including but not limited to obtaining patient record, rescheduling patients, and triaging phone calls. Cancer Center Medical Assistant's room patients, provide clinical information, and support to Providers and Nurses. Processes and posts information to patient charges and educates patients and families about care. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
- As of 06/21/2020, Previous clinical experience preferred. Must meet one of the following:
• Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program; or
• Must meet eligibility requirements to take the Medical Assistant certification (CMA or CCMA) or Registration (RMA ) and certification (CMA or CCMA) or registration (RMA) must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- BLS certification is required within 90 days of hire/transfer.
- Knowledge of clinical skills as required with Medical Assistant Certification/Registration.
- Effective problem-solving and prioritization skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and process information in a confidential manner.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, doctors and other staff.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and function as an integral team member with other healthcare professionals.
- Must have personal computer skills with EMR experience highly desirable and the ability to input and retrieve data from the organization's computerized systems.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain positive customer service.
- Ability to establish effective working relations with physicians, office staff, and employees in a team environment.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
- Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
- Prepares patient for examination including patient assessment, histories, vital signs, and medication reconciliation.
- Document pertinent information in chart.
- Maintains documentation standards and reviews chart prior to appointment to assure previously ordered tests have been completed and reports are present in chart (EMR). Investigating the need to reschedule appointment if testing is not completed. Scanning of documents into chart prior to scheduled visit for provider review.
- Accurately documents required information in patient charts.
- Set up and assist physician with limited procedures (pap/pelvic, etc.).
- Schedule outside tests or procedures for patients in other departments or facilities such as x-ray, MRI, etc.
- Prepares patients for tests/procedures by providing appropriate instructions.
- Stock exam rooms with supplies as needed.
- Conduct day to day inventory of supplies and report items to be ordered.
- Assist in the scheduling and rescheduling of appointments in EMR system as required.
- Able to screen calls and determine urgency, necessity of appointments in EMR system as required.
- Able to screen calls and determine urgency, necessity of appointments or whether phone advice is sufficient.
- Attend staff, educational or other meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by nurses, practice manager, or physician.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8827 Hematology & Medical Oncology Phys (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website