A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Bronson Neuroscience Center has exciting opportunities in southwest Michigan for a General Neurologist or subspecialty trained. Candidate will join our current team of four neurosurgeons, neurointerventional surgeon, nine neurologists, three physiatrists, psychiatrist, two neurobehavioral psychologists and extensive advanced practitioner support for all subspecialties. Weekend call coverage rotation is a minimum of 6 weeks.
Positions are employed and are part of the physician led Bronson Medical Group with ability to pursue clinical research. Physicians also have opportunities for teaching and academic affiliation through Western Michigan University School of Medicine. This is an opportunity to join a practice that is number one in its market and has an established reputation for high quality and patient experience excellence. We are looking for partners who can help us continue to grow our neuroscience services.
Bronson offers a competitive salary, sign-on bonus, loan reimbursement, fellowship stipend, CME stipend, malpractice coverage, relocation allowance, generous PTO and a comprehensive benefit package.
Medical degree and 2 years of direct or intern experience required
Current Medical License in the state of Michigan
Current DEA and DPS Certificate of Registration
Must maintain all requirements for medical staff privileges
• Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
• Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
• Performs in a tactful and professional manner
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs
• Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
• Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs
• Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
• Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care
• Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
• Orders studies, test and ancillary services
• Documents all services in patient medical record
• Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
• Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
• Participates in process improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements
• Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
• Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
• Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission, values and customer service standards.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8800 Bronson Neurological Svcs (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website