A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Outreach Coordinator Sexual Assault Services
This position will be working in VanBuren county 4 days a week and Calhoun county 1 day per week.
Under the direction of the Sexual Assault Services System Manager, the Outreach Coordinator provides counseling and counseling related services to victims of sexual assault and their non-perpetrating significant others, including outreach counseling to victims in the rural areas of the region. This employee provides support and advocacy services; provides direct victim advocacy to clients at area hospitals, police departments, and courts; collects statistics; submits reports; works cooperatively with a variety of community agencies and volunteers; and performs other related duties as required. This employee provides clinical supervision to volunteers and advocates, as well as coordinates and supervises the volunteer victim advocacy program in Van Buren County.
Five-six years formal education or training required.
Master's Degree in Social Work or Human Services related field preferred with two years' experience in crisis intervention and counseling, with experience in sexual assault issues, including the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and to relate to survivors in a patient, empathetic and non-judgmental manner.
Licensed master's level social work or counseling degree required, such as LMSW, LLMSW, LLPC, LPC, or licensed psychology. Specialized training in trauma therapy models, sexual assault, child sexual abuse preferred. Valid Michigan Driver's license.
- Ability to cope with a high level of stress
- Ability to make fast decisions under pressure
- Ability to cope with anger, fear and hostility of others in a calm manner
- Ability to manage altercations
- Ability to cope with confrontation
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to assist with problem resolution
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of patience
- Ability to work in areas that are close and crowded
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
Work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to 40 percent of the time. The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
- Provides counseling and counseling related services to victims of sexual assault and their non-perpetrating significant others in individual and group settings
- Provides outreach counseling to victims within the regional service area for SAS, including, but not limited to, Van Buren, St. Joseph, and Cass counties.
- Coordinates the volunteer victim advocacy program in Van Buren County.
- Recruit volunteers for Van Buren County
- Plan and facilitate bi-annual volunteer trainings
- Plan and facilitate monthly volunteer meetings
- Assure 24-hour volunteer/staff coverage for victim advocacy
- Provide and replace supplies to volunteers
- Provide pagers to volunteers
- Provide on-going supervision and training to volunteers
- Maintain volunteer files and time sheets
- Provides support and crisis advocacy for victims of sexual assault on-site at hospitals and police departments.
- Advocates on behalf of sexual assault victims in legal, medical, and other community settings.
- Assists with volunteer management and on-call schedules.
- Expand and develop volunteer opportunities as needs arise.
- Maintains program participant records, collects statistics, and submits reports as required.
- Works cooperatively with program staff, volunteers, Bronson Healthcare Group, Gryphon Place, Sexual Assault Services Advisory Board, and other community agencies.
- Maintain and strengthen working relationships with relevant community agencies.
- Engage in public speaking and community awareness presentations.
- Supervises Master's level and Bachelor's level higher education student interns. Assists with supervision of volunteers and advocates.
- Observes confidentiality policies regarding all clients and agency information, as well as child abuse and other related mandates.
- Projects a positive image of SAS and Bronson Healthcare Group.
- Keeps informed of relevant policies and other information related to sexual assault.
- Completes sexual assault and abuse training.
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing outstanding customer service in a manner that is reflective of our mission, values, and customer service standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8564 Sass (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website